ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it just me that thinks its impossible to tell how much oil is in the damn engine?!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Car  Clio 200 RS EDC
F7R - check dip stick, fill with oil check again - job done.

F4R - check dip stick, wtf? wheres the oil level? check again, check a third time, fourth time - ok its there - right so how much to put it, start off with a little, no change, little more, wtf wheres the level gone again? little but more - oh ffs its over max now.

Never had a car thats been so hard to gauge how much oil is in - perspex bottom ends FTW!

So the question is where on the sip stick is the optimum oil level point and how accurate is it?!
 
Re: Is it just me that thinks its impossible to tell how much oil is in the damn engi

the max mark is generally the optimum on all engines!
 
Re: Is it just me that thinks its impossible to tell how much oil is in the damn engi

;)
 
Re: Is it just me that thinks its impossible to tell how much oil is in the damn engi

your alowed to overfill by a few mm and not have any side effects, but the max is good to aim for
 
Re: Is it just me that thinks its impossible to tell how much oil is in the damn engi

I filled mine up about a month and a half ago and it was basically at the top notch.
The digital is all over the place so I checked again yesterday. Oil level is halfway. No oil on drive exhaust isn't particularly stained and I haven't smelled any burning oil.

Where the hell has it gone ?! I only get 200-220 miles from a tank too.

Stupid car.
 
Re: Is it just me that thinks its impossible to tell how much oil is in the damn engi

I find it's a ball ache checking the oil too lol. I've got to the point now where I just change it every month or so. I know how much it takes to fill from empty and it's good for the engine to always have fairly fresh oil in it.
 
Back
Top