ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it possible to swap the 182 HU with a 197 mp3 HU?

Clio 200 FF Cupped
A long shot I know, but you never know...

Is it possible to swap the standard 182 Head unit with a new 197 mp3 HU?

Retaining display features and steering wheel controls???

Clio 200 FF Cupped
No idea Gweebs, but i'd be very tempted to source one if the answer to my question is yes.

(However I doubt it is)

Ad

MK2 FRS
think its one of those od shaped ones that will only fit int he Mk3 iirc front sitting in one...

al

ST on the way...
It's a different size altogether IIRC.

I've got a Sony CDX-MP40 in mine, does MP3's and also retains the Display and Stalk controls :)

They we're a manufacturer option.

Clio 200 FF Cupped
al said:
It's a different size altogether IIRC.

I've got a Sony CDX-MP40 in mine, does MP3's and also retains the Display and Stalk controls :)

They we're a manufacturer option.

Al,
are you saying I can just do a straight swap between the standard 182 HU and the sony CDX-MP40 and it will keep the display and stalk controls with no extra adapters etc???...

Just want to confirm, because if so then that's awesome!

al

ST on the way...
It does need an adaptor, but it's one of the very few HU's i've found that allow you to keep the display.

FYI I paid £5 for my adaptor, again, off ebay.

T

the_devil

al said:
It does need an adaptor, but it's one of the very few HU's i've found that allow you to keep the display.

FYI I paid £5 for my adaptor, again, off ebay.

Alpine also do some models that will keep the display. Not sure which model will fit into the 182.
My sister did have an alpine unit and cd changer for her 1.2 clio

Monaro VXR
Any aftermarket unit will go in and most of the main manufacturers have an adaptor for the clios for stalk and display.

clio 182 black /gold
I had one of the sony units in my corsa. Then i sold it and realised it is compatable with the clio LOL

milfordkong said:
Aha, thought is was too good to be true. Getting mp3 capability into a 182 is unnaturally difficult.

I run an Alpine 9850Ri iPod HU and didn't bother with the stalk controls, mainly because Renault changed the wiring on the last batch of Clios and the exisiting adapters wouldn't work.

For me a full iPod interface and good sound is far more important than having the stalk controls!