ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it wrong to want another 1*2??

Discounted 1*2 parts
As many of you may have read, after selling the 200 I've now got the urge to get another car!

Originally I wanted a scoob, but I keep getting drawn back into another 1*2. I think part of the fact is how affordable they are now, and another fact is working for Renault means parts/sevicing/diagnostics work costs sweet FA.

Realistically how much performance do you gain from things like cams and throttle bodies, as I've always felt the 1*2 could do with a bit more grunt to keep me happy?

Discuss

Cheers Guys

I don't see why not if you're working for Renault and can get services etc cheap, I know I would if I was you :D

LY Megane R26 230
I'd do it.im always suprised just how cheap a car they are to run and for bang for buck the nearest thing is the 306 GTI-6 but these are now rare to find in a nice condition.

Surely a nice cammed 182 should see over 200 bhp?

Working at Renault and getting things so cheap, you'd be silly to have anything else.

It's like being on a diet and working in a cake shop.

Discounted 1*2 parts
I think you know how I feel. Do it!!

I don't see why not if you're working for Renault and can get services etc cheap, I know I would if I was you :D

I'd do it.im always suprised just how cheap a car they are to run and for bang for buck the nearest thing is the 306 GTI-6 but these are now rare to find in a nice condition.

Surely a nice cammed 182 should see over 200 bhp?

I went from a Clio 200 back to a Trophy, not regretting it one bit.

Working at Renault and getting things so cheap, you'd be silly to have anything else.

It's like being on a diet and working in a cake shop.

The more I think and look, the more I want one

I think it's this bloody forum that sucks you in lol

Titanium 182
The more I think and look, the more I want one

I think it's this bloody forum that sucks you in lol

Here, here! I nearly sold mine not long ago, but after renewing my membership all I want to do is get a Yozzasport and Turini's again. Silvertec bulbs are still on.

Oh and get another one, RB 182 so I can be jealous of you?

260% JCW
They are rather cheap now and for the money and spec there's little about. The only thing is, Everyone slates the 1*2 though compared to the 197/200 then end up coming back....crazy times.

No doubt they're better cars but maybe not good enough as a long term car?

Italian 3.2 V6
Ask someone on here to take you out for a spin in there tuned 182. Maybe even a test drive!?

But I'd say go for a 182!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy my williams for £1000 and resotre it to how it should be.

THEN and only then will you know what a proper clio drives like. ;)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Got rid of my 172 and bought my Mazda 3 MPS, which is runnin around 300bhp now. I'm currently returning it back to standard to sell and am tempted to buy a ph1 to cam/throttle body. I miss my 172 so much!! No one else understands what such a good car they are. So, no, it's not wrong to want another one

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I think these threads make a pleasant change actually. There's quite a lot of 1*2 bashing that goes on in here - which is odd considering it's a Clio forum. Me personally I love my little 182 and while I'm under no illusion that's it's the fastest or best thing ever - it has been, and continues to be, an affordable, reliable, quick'ish and fun little car that always puts a smile on my face.