ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my clio some sort of half breed?

Clio 172 Mk2 Rouge
The speedo has been playing up for ages so i thought i would have a look at it.

A lot of people have been saying that a 2002 FF Clio 172 such as mine has an ABS speedo sensor, even the guy at renault confirmed this. But, if so, why when i disconnect the very suspect and 'speedo looking' sensor on the back of the gear box does the speedo stop working?

Is it possible to have two sensors? Or does it read from both the box and the wheel?

Any advise welcome

There were reputed although I've never seen onto to be some early phase 2's which have speedo sensors on them sounds like you might have one of those specail ones. Unless you have a cup that is in which case you should do.

Only one place it gets speed form either the box or ABS system hence all 172 cups have the sensor in the box as no ABS.

Clio 172 Mk2 Rouge
Shes no Cup. So must be a special one.

Ive read about a speedo transducer aswell, anyone know what that looks like? Would that be on the box?

Sorry for asking all these questions but the guy at Renault just keeps giving me a ABS sensor and I dont want it if its the wrong bit