ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the RenaultSport Clio more efficient Fuel wise at higher revs?

172 Flamer
I am finding my 172 Mk 2 doing a couple of mines to work and back and the odd longer town type journey and I am getting around 29 - 31mpg. I did do one long motorway journey and I got close to 50mpg so quite happy overall.

200 FF Storm Grey
Re: Is the ClioSport more efficient Fuel wise at higher revs?

Mine seems to be stuck between 33.2 and 33.4... The latter being when I change gears a bit earlier.

I think that's because you've not reset it.

Mine generally sits around 33 with a bit of hammering, can see 45 on the motorway at around 65/70, some of you could do with a good service lol

Abit of a hammering i see 26ish..With normal driving i see 28ish (changing gears around 3000-4000rpm). At the moment im on 31 though.

Don't think its true, try driving on a long 30-40mph run in fifth - mentally good mpg figures!

mx5 & 172
I win. Mine got down to 5.5 mpg over a tank during winter. The traffic was that bad my average speed over the tank was in single figures despite 80% of my commute being done at over 60.

it'll see mid 20s normally on that run with an enthusiastic foot and will average over 40 on motorways at 70 odd so I don't think its broken.

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF

I get 40mpg all day long at 70/80mph on A roads changing below 4k.

Thats the same for me too, mine defo isn't more economical if you drive it hard.

Last edited:
  350z GT
I got 50.1 mpg the other day doing a 40 odd mile trip on the motorway...sat at around 55-60ish

has now come down to approx 43 mpg

i think the economy of the Clio Sports is really good tbh

320d
On a side note I really miss the mpg of my 172. The bloody mx5 is doing around 30mpg mixed driving, although little town, over like 800 miles. To be fair its taken me 2 months to do those 800 miles so mpg isnt really an issue.

My 172 was good for 44mpg on the motorway no problem. Got 45.4 at a cruise of about 80 with the odd sustained 90-100 spells and a 30 min traffic jam over 250 miles when I first got it. Epic mpg for the performance.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i think the OP has possibly used the wrong term, driven hard and possibly means fast flowing driving? my ph1 is awesome on fuel on a nice summers day just driving down a nice twisty road at 60/70/80mph hardly braking hardly acclerating just flowing in and out the bends.

Ph1 172
daily driving to work and back, town and back etc... mixed driving with some steady driving and sometimes giving it the beans ill get 30.5mpg

on the motorway i get 42mpg

trackday driving i get 17mpg