ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there a knack to refitting the front ARB?

I've had my wishbones off the car and have now refitted them, but I'm really struggling to get the arb ends back into place so I can fit the clamps.
To the best of my knowledge its all standard 172 spec, barring purple polybushes.

Anyone got a method which works?

Cheers

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Have you still got both sides up in the air?

Think I've read of people using a G clamp to pull the clamp into place. Something I need to do myself over the coming weeks as I've got two new wishbones and ball joints to fit

renault clio 1.4 16v
i used a breaker bar between the wishbone and arb to compress the rubber enough to get the bolt on... bolt the arb onto the sub frame clamps first so it hangs there then bolt onto the wishbones

I wound up with the car sat on its balljoints on two trolley jacks with the scissor jack out of my daily to push the arb up into place. Slotted in perfectly with everything at ride height. Another spectacularly stupid piece of French design.