ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is there a way of finding out whether a boxed iphone5 is unlocked?

work for BMW
I have received a sealed iphone 5 from my insurance company as a replacement and i would like to sell it, only problem is i have no idea if its unlocked or not. i have emailed my insurance company asking but is there any other ways of finding out,
using the IMEI number or asking apple for example?

FF Clio 182
What network were you with when that insurance gave you the phone? More than likely its just one straight from apple store

work for BMW
i emailed them and they confirmed it is locked to 3 : / now that makes it much harder to sell even if it is sealed!

I was told by a mate at carphone warehouse that the iPhones they sell are unlocked but will lock to the network the first time you put a sim in. So if its sealed going by what they told me you can put any sim in it the first time but after that it will be locked. The ones from a apple store are true unlocked.

work for BMW
yes i think that is the case , how ever this wasn't from an apple store it was from my insurance company and i dont know where they get theirs :p

work for BMW
its a long and complicated story which involves someone trying to scam me on ebay bla bla , anyway i have been using the google nexus 4 for a while and dont want the iphone!