ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there anyone left in South Wales?!

fowlerboy7

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT & Arctic 182
Back when I purchased my first 182 quite a few years ago, there were plenty of sports knocking around the local areas by me. Newport etc...

I actually can't remember the last time I seen another sport on the road! Is there anyone left in South Wales?
If so, we need to organise a group drive somewhere when the weather is slightly better :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’m in Chepstow. Always bombing about in this;

8B166F47-7493-4D5C-96B2-D3160B2D4D3B.png

However it usually looks like this; 🤦‍♂️

C7E5E7C3-F186-4371-890B-AC4933EB0660.jpeg

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Swansea 👋
FB_IMG_1625399209836.jpg

There's a flamer 172T in pontypridd too
FB_IMG_1609270627684.jpg

Also a Williams and a pair of valvers in Newport 🙂

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure I saw a fb group pop up recently covering the south of wales (quick look and I think its for CSOC?) . Not in wales myself but about 20min from the border.

fowlerboy7

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT & Arctic 182
I'm sure I saw a fb group pop up recently covering the south of wales (quick look and I think its for CSOC?) . Not in wales myself but about 20min from the border.
That’s me mate! I own that group along with a few mates.
we’ve been posting in there but not getting any responses basically, so thought I’d reach out on here ok just to see if there was anyone on here
I saw one in Newport last week and it was such a shock, the 182’s look tiny these days compared to modern traffic
What colour was it bud? I know of only two others, my mates inferno and there's a bloke about 4 streets away with a silver 182
I’m in Chepstow. Always bombing about in this;

View attachment 1576682

However it usually looks like this; 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 1576683
Nice bud! I've never seen this about sadly. What you running in it? F4R I'm guessing? 😉
I'm further along the road near twin town 🙂
Nice to see another one about. What do you drive mate? :)
Swansea 👋 View attachment 1576696

There's a flamer 172T in pontypridd too
View attachment 1576697

Also a Williams and a pair of valvers in Newport 🙂
Love it! I think I've clocked a Williams in Newport a couple years ago, some old guy driving it like miss daisy lol.

Looks like we all need to have a little meet up someday soon. Anyone up for that?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I can drag my less than perfect (character I call it) flamer along.

That’s me mate! I own that group along with a few mates.
we’ve been posting in there but not getting any responses basically, so thought I’d reach out on here ok just to see if there was anyone on here

What colour was it bud? I know of only two others, my mates inferno and there's a bloke about 4 streets away with a silver 182

Nice bud! I've never seen this about sadly. What you running in it? F4R I'm guessing? 😉

Nice to see another one about. What do you drive mate? :)

Love it! I think I've clocked a Williams in Newport a couple years ago, some old guy driving it like miss daisy lol.

Looks like we all need to have a little meet up someday soon. Anyone up for that?
I drive a silver 172, been using it daily for the past few weeks.

fowlerboy7

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT & Arctic 182
Well... CSOC South Wales has an RS morning coffee meet @ the Academy Espresso Bar in Barry if anyone fancies tagging along? It's on the 6th Feb
Will be meeting there for half 10.

We already have a few people expected to turn up, would be good to put some faces to the names.
Let me know who's up for that! :)

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Well... CSOC South Wales has an RS morning coffee meet @ the Academy Espresso Bar in Barry if anyone fancies tagging along? It's on the 6th Feb
Will be meeting there for half 10.

We already have a few people expected to turn up, would be good to put some faces to the names.
Let me know who's up for that! :)
I’m over the border in Gloucestershire, but will come to some South Wales meets. However not until the later part of spring/summer now.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
seems there a fair few here in the Shire, will have to sort out our own mini meet soon (y)
Adey, absolutely. @VenomUK has recently been somewhere (I forget) for a breakfast meet. I’ll be up for it when we turn a corner in terms of weather etc. don’t fancy a shitty damp, salty drive out at the moment. For no other reason than it’s cold standing at the side of the road waiting for the AA

Smartie93

ClioSport Club Member
Mine retired from daily duty 3 years ago though I lived in Leicester at the time, based in Carmarthenshire now. at the minute it's in the garage safe from the salt, busy dreaming up new electrical faults I imagine!

clio 182
I’ve just moved to Newport coming from Bristol. I have a Rb 182 in need of some time and love. Stoped using as my daily about 4 years ago because of family, just been sat on my drive ever since, waiting to find some time to give it the love it needs. Now I have a garage hopefully going to restore it back to its former glory, but will probably take me until next summer 😂 was planning to just get it road ready, but I know how one thing can lead to another and I’ll probably end up doing a full nut and bolt restoration.
E974345F-3993-43F4-BF66-26A51EB35FE8.jpeg

fowlerboy7

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT & Arctic 182
I’ve just moved to Newport coming from Bristol. I have a Rb 182 in need of some time and love. Stoped using as my daily about 4 years ago because of family, just been sat on my drive ever since, waiting to find some time to give it the love it needs. Now I have a garage hopefully going to restore it back to its former glory, but will probably take me until next summer 😂 was planning to just get it road ready, but I know how one thing can lead to another and I’ll probably end up doing a full nut and bolt restoration. View attachment 1577208
That’s awesome mate! If you need a hand at all let me know. More than happy to help.
Also, if you need a local garage to do any major work to I would recommend TJ Auto Mech in Leeway industrial estate. Good mate of mine and knows the clios inside out 😁👍🏽

clio 182
I’ve just moved to Newport coming from Bristol. I have a Rb 182 in need of some time and love. Stoped using as my daily about 4 years ago because of family, just been sat on my drive ever since, waiting to find some time to give it the love and I’ll probably end up doing a full nut and bolt restoration.
?hash=c92e71919feb9347186bffc8f41e900b.jpg

That’s awesome mate! If you need a hand at all let me know. More than happy to help.
Also, if you need a local garage to do any major work to I would recommend TJ Auto Mech in Leeway industrial estate. Good mate of mine and knows the clios inside out 😁👍🏽
I’m sure there will come a time where I will need to reference your car as a 3D model because i messed something up 😂
always after a good trustworthy Mecanic, even better his place is just around the corner👌 I’ll deff hook him up when it comes to the cam-belt change

fowlerboy7

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT & Arctic 182
I’ve just moved to Newport coming from Bristol. I have a Rb 182 in need of some time and love. Stoped using as my daily about 4 years ago because of family, just been sat on my drive ever since, waiting to find some time to give it the love and I’ll probably end up doing a full nut and bolt restoration. View attachment 1577371

I’m sure there will come a time where I will need to reference your car as a 3D model because i messed something up 😂
always after a good trustworthy Mecanic, even better his place is just around the corner👌 I’ll deff hook him up when it comes to the cam-belt change
Haha, you’re more than welcome anytime bud.
We’re all a few minutes down the road from each other then it seems, and it’s great to see another RB in Newport!

Keep in touch mate 👍🏽👍🏽

fowlerboy7

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT & Arctic 182
I've managed to get my Arctic Blue 182 back on the road... is there anyone in South Wales that fancies a drive/meet up soon?

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Llanelli here! Hoping to get back on the road over the next few weeks, i'll come in the van otherwise (dirty bugger)