ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this a good cup deal?

Leon Cupra 300
std car no aircon or anything, 53 plate, 25k miles, under warrenty till december, immaculate condition £6750 ???

let me know before i just go buy it :cool:

03 172 cup
yeah very good price,i just brought a172 cup 52 reg but an early 2003,full tax and mot and only 23k and got that for £6500 and that was a good deal too

Ziel Nurburgring
Only little things...

Renault Service History?
How much rubber left? (£70+ a tyre not the nicest thing to have to do straight away)
How much left on the front pads?
Chipped Bonnet?
Dings in the rear qtrs?

All things you can get more cash off, but is a good price.

Leon Cupra 300
few knocks on 2 of the wheels, few chips, no dints, just asking about servicing. not fussed if pads are low want some of them performance friction carbon metalic ones, where can i get hold of some?

Ziel Nurburgring
I'd check the front discs as well then.

Try the usual places, motorsports world, 2modified, yozza, demon tweeks etc

Leon Cupra 300
Just got back to me, it had its 1st service done at 15000 at reno and its all stamped up with no warrenty implications. What we reckon?

Ziel Nurburgring
Needs the 24k service done now then. Ask him for the £200 for the service off and buy it.

One of those cars you'll never, ever regret owning.

Leon Cupra 300
Yeah its had one late service at 15k, then nothing although it aint really due one till 27k but id do it straight away anyway.

6750 is already knocked down he wont budge lower, still dont think bad price.

I wouldnt get it serviced at reno anyway, how do renault know if ive used renault parts anyway? because youve got to do this to keep the warrenty yeah?

Golf GTD
thing is, if it was serviced at 15k it means your warranty is void, as its classed as unserviced. they only give you 1k either way i believe

Leon Cupra 300
KyleB said:
thing is, if it was serviced at 15k it means your warranty is void, as its classed as unserviced. they only give you 1k either way i believe

i belived the same. he says its covered though, anyone know anything else?

Leon Cupra 300
Just got off the phone to the guy, he bought it from reno dealer at 15k miles just serviced, so yeah it could do with another.. its had warrenty work done on it since, the back washer or something so no probs there.

I think it be rite, its still newish car which appeals. what we think?

Ziel Nurburgring
philmots said:
Just got off the phone to the guy, he bought it from reno dealer at 15k miles just serviced, so yeah it could do with another.. its had warrenty work done on it since, the back washer or something so no probs there.

I think it be rite, its still newish car which appeals. what we think?

Test drive it, if it goes ok, buy it, track it.

blink172 said:
Only little things...

Renault Service History?
How much rubber left? (£70+ a tyre not the nicest thing to have to do straight away)
How much left on the front pads?
Chipped Bonnet?
Dings in the rear qtrs?

All things you can get more cash off, but is a good price.

Why does it matter if it has Renault Service History? I took my Cup to Renault once for a service and learned my lesson.

Depends really, mine is on 24k, December 23rd 2003 so pretty much identical. I've spent a fair bit recently at 24k, so make sure yours has the same...

- 24k service, looking at £150-£250 depending on where you get it done, I had front pads just changed too, worth checking
- All 4 tyres at least 3-4mm left, should be changed before 2mm to stop severe tramlining, haggle for new ones if needs be or get the price dropped

As for general condition, I regard mine as pretty much mint, yet no matter what I do or how stupidly clean I keep it..or how careful I am to park on the far side of car parks etc, it's still picked up the inevitable small stone chip or two on the bonnet and has some marks around the front of the rear wheel arch where dirt etc gets kicked up.

Leon Cupra 300
Ive accounted for brake pads at like 50 quid. Get service at cost probably 50 quid or so, only oil, filters n that. it will probably need some tyres too.

what are michelien like? can get these cheap from costco

Ziel Nurburgring
PE2's and Goodyear seem to be the tyre of choice on here.

Given the choice i'd get 205/45/16 PE2's. Pricey, but improve the car no end

Leon Cupra 300
I went to look at the car today anyway and it was abit of shitter, had a new 3/4 panel, needed 4 tyres, pads, discs, and the mileage was sus quite a shiney steering wheel for 24k, and the servicing issues.. so im still looking!

www.renparts.co.uk
the new rules are that you can have it serviced at any VAT registered garage providing they use Renault parts. You are also allowed to miss 1 service all together and still be warranted and each service done is allowed a 1000 mile tolerance.
feel free to correct me anyone.

joshydee said:
the new rules are that you can have it serviced at any VAT registered garage providing they use Renault parts. You are also allowed to miss 1 service all together and still be warranted and each service done is allowed a 1000 mile tolerance.
feel free to correct me anyone.
Your not allowed to miss any services there a 1k/1 month tolerance though. Any more than that and Renault start asking for money if you have any cliams where correct servicing would have fixed the prob;lem.