ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this amp any good?

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
mate that sub is gonna blow to peices in my experiance..rule of thumb whne choosing a sub and amp combo find the sub for how much power u want in this case eg. 2000w peak.. so u want a amp that runs about 1800w so u ar on the safe sid i usually work on every 1000w drop 100 for the play in power..

V70 d5 beast
yea i wanna get the full power out of the sub lol
from what i can see it will be around 1000-1400 watts rms on this amp and i reckon my sub is around the 1000watt rms so thought it would be ideal as i don't wanna spend too much only around £60 although i may not get the full potential out of the sub with that money

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
without doin any real research on the suba nd amp from what i can c the amp is a 2800w mono block amp. with a sum at max power is 2000w and runs at 1500w best by the looks of it..i would alwasys mate go under what u are goin for./..i have the same amp well newer version in my other car at i think they are 2500w a amp with 2 of them runnin 6 jbl 1000w subs and it is nearly blowin s**t outa them mate..lol always go under to protect ur self and so ur purchase isnt a short lived waste

V70 d5 beast
lol cheers m8 well i may get it as i won't be tempted to wack it to the max on the amp and just have it running the sub nicely..so the amp isn't being over strained if you know what i mean and if i want a bigger install later i'll have this amp but i can't find any research on the sub or amp?

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
if u want mate ill pm u later ill do a hunt on th.tinternet c wha a can find on them for u..the sub will tb the one uinder strain it will possibly blow your sub to be honest mate but its up to ur self they recomend puttinthe setting on your amp to 50% power that way you can adjustit from up front if u wish via the hu but i would run tahat thing about 35% 40% to be safe mate.

V70 d5 beast
okay kool cheers m8, i'd be well suprised if it blows this sub up as it's megga huge,
i'm still not to sure how to set up the amp propperly for the sub, like the gain and the bass pluss and the high/low filter?

V70 d5 beast
thats the point as i can't see any rms figures on the amp on ebay? i can only guess it's around half of the maxx which is 1400w?

mm im a bit sceptical about it tbh mate
I am too tbh. The amp is ok (vibe are a decent make)
The sub doesn't look that good tbh, i've never heard of spl at all (I know what spl is though) it just looks like that they've shoved that on it to sell a few more. If it was me i'd go for a name i'd heard of, like alpine etc.
- I could be wrong about the make spl though.

GOLF GT TDI
never buy SPL stuff just breaks, alot of companys say the max watt say 2000but it may only be like 50 RMS, you need to look at the RMS of power not WATTS

"Navy" N17 TWO
mm im a bit sceptical about it tbh mate
The sub doesn't look that good tbh, i've never heard of spl at all (I know what spl is though) it just looks like that they've shoved that on it to sell a few more. If it was me i'd go for a name i'd heard of, like alpine etc.

:lolup: LMAO where did you hear that, playschool? :clown:

I'd agree with the rest of that though.
Vibe are one of the various "built for just the looks" audio equipment manufacturers

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Just spoke to my contact at vibe and this isnt a real vibe amp lol, they never produced these, dont toutch it

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
vibe are good, bringing out a whole new range of SPL subs, very exited, carbon fibre cones,

apparentlky this is a company called lanzar???

V70 d5 beast
okay cheers guys...i'll stay clear of this amp but i've already got the sub asa i've had it a few months now, it is powerfull aswell.
but just need to find an amp that will get me the maximum power out of the sub for the right price?

:lolup: LMAO where did you hear that, playschool? :clown:

I'd agree with the rest of that though.
Vibe are one of the various "built for just the looks" audio equipment manufacturers
Wtf - Vibe are a decent make, i'm speaking from experience (I have had vibe stuff,still got it actually) my mates have had it too, it's good gear their sub boxes & stuff are really good.

I was sceptical about that amp on ebay - is it another make just with Vibe on it ? of is it a total snide ?

F82 M4
The higher watts exc dont mean its the best u can get. Fosgates rms is like 200w and there one of the best subs you can buy. Its not easy blowing a sub up with a massive amp tbh

V70 d5 beast
can anyone recomend a cheepish amp ie doesn't have to be the best around but something that has around 800watts rms or more to power my sub.

i know some will say i don't need that much but i want to get an amp that will not strain to power my sub and so won't overheat plus if i wanted to could run a bigger sub if i wanted to without having to buy another amp.

i am hoping to order one tonight so i can fit it the weekend i have around £60 to spend but will spend more for the right one at the right price?
will it be best to get a monoblock amp?
how do you get to run a sub on 1ohm? as do you get better quality with 1ohm or do you just get more power?

i've been looking on ebay but dunno what onoes to go for and the price?

cheers simon

Last edited: