ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this making my roof leak? *pics*

1.2 16v mk2ph2
I have a leaky phase 2, the water comes from the interior light and also drips for the right side of the headlining by the sun roof. I have been informed that the sunroof is the cause and that is coming out this weekend to be re-sealed, but I thought just before I did it I would find out if anyone thinks this could be the reason...I don't know what the part is called, the top part of the windscreen trim? (see pics).

So basically it has moved across, raising the side parts of trim up and leaving a fairly sizable gap on one side. How can I fix this? do I have to take the trim off and then re apply it or can it be slid along?

Attachments

• IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 31
No it's not that, i don't even have them covers on mine. Its the gap between the roof and the sunroof plastic frame. If you push down on one of the sunroof corners from the top of the roof you will see movement between the roof and frame, this is where the water gets in :)

Renaults
Yes if its your sunroof, just remove it and use some sort of double sided tape or door card sealant around edge of the frame and refit. The roof and frame flex over time.

1.2 16v mk2ph2
Thanks a lot, thought I should just check bore a spend a day messing about with the sun roof.