ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this my dog mount gone ? With video

Clio 172
Got a clunk whilst moving back and forward , tested it with handbrake on and as you can see the back of the engine moves quite a lot , an the clunk is clearly heard ... I'm guessing dog mount but want to be sure before buying on , also should I just change the engine mount as a matter of course ?
Thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yes but only with poly bushes, the old ones can be an arse to remove a knife is usually needed,
you can't buy oem bushes though, you have to buy a new dogbone.

Last edited:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Drill a s**t load of holes through the old bush to weaken them, and just bash the hell out of it with a hammer

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Be warned.
Poly dog bone will add extra vibrations into the cabin. Some cars it's not so much but on others like mine it's a serious amount.

A brand new dogbone is approx 40 to 50 from renault and that's the best way to go.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Updated dog bone on my clio added no vibration at all.

The even harder mount on my MPS added a slight vibe, but it just made it feel 'sporty'

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Other Mounts and check under gear lever. Basically if you can move the engine significantly with one hand they've gone soft.
Also they don't cope with fast and furious gear changes at all well. A quick roll as opposed to a stomp on the throttle means you can use standard mounts.

Clio 172
Yeah just checked the top engine mount ....... Fcuked.com . The nut is just spinning round , do those kangoo mounts have the same part numbers etc ?