ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this too far gone

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
yep exactly my thought too but very easy fix probably.

I would do what Kyle suggests, change over the clocks and see what comes up. It looks like the ABS fuse may have been removed and hense no faults on the generic code reader because it doesn't detect a module to probe for faults.

The ABS is fuse 10 and 60A

Attached a wiring diagram
1094 is the ABS pump
777 is the engine bay fuse
247 is the dash
156 door sensor
160 brake switch
989 rear axle headlight level sensor
662 Nav if equipped
502 EPAS if equipped
261 is radio
645 UCH
1106 ESP switch
1016 is interior fuse board
1175 is the yaw sensor
583 is steering angle sensor
225 OBD2 port
110 ABS pressure system housing
150-153 abs sensors
R107 is the bulkhead connector
R989 is the plug on the level sender
R112 is the rear ABS loom
R255 is the white plug in the engine bay fusebox
Red wires are permanent lives
Yellow are ignition controlled lives
black earths
infinity sign indicates twisted pairs
Thanks for this. So is this one No.10 Just pulled it out and had a look. it looks ok. Cant see any fuse numbering on my panel.

1587923674450.png

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
I have an old set of later 172 clocks you can have, just cover postage mate. They don't have the dial face on them but they're still useable for you to figure your light situation out
Thanks for the offer bud. I'll grab a set off fleabay and then if they work (light up like a christmas tree) i'll just leave them in.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
For 261 - radio. What radio function? Radio comes on but needs a code currently as its had its battery off.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Will be different mileage though. Next mot it might look like youve done 50000 miles in one year :ROFLMAO:
I read somewhere that the ECU stores the mileage and as long as you dont turn the car back on with the clocks out it will set the previous mileage on the replacement set. Was this wrong?

I read somewhere that the ECU stores the mileage and as long as you dont turn the car back on with the clocks out it will set the previous mileage on the replacement set. Was this wrong?
Ive done that with different clocks and they havnt changed so not sure?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Mileage is definitely stored in the clocks on the Clio. Have changed a few in the dcis I've owned for the upgraded sets which display cruise control and the mileage on the car changed as a result.

You'd want to do what I did on these clocks and desolder the bulbs which have been removed. Hopefully you just find a piece of tape covering them up though. Happy days if so.

IMG_6867.JPG
IMG_6870.JPG

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
that will only be for turning up the volume as the car speeds up
thanks. i'm abit lost then. if teh abs fuse is the one circled it looked ok when i pulled it out. could R107 be disconnected? any idea where R107 is?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Only need the rear sensors for the the speedo to work, possibly the other way round too @1985michael182

I'm just using the front sensors. If you only use one it only reads 50% of your actual speed.
I believe you are wanting to retain ABS?
That drive shaft definitely doesnt have an ABS ring on it. I'm sure you can get a JnR shaft for like £50, loads on here use them.
If that's how corroded the shaft is I imaging the hubs and sensors will be equally as bad.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
I'm just using the front sensors. If you only use one it only reads 50% of your actual speed.
That drive shaft definitely doesnt have an ABS ring on it. I'm sure you can get a JnR shaft for like £50, loads on here use them.
If that's how corroded the shaft is I imaging the hubs and sensors will be equally as bad.
Thanks. Hub is rusted up aswell. Sensor def worse as it’s also missing on that side. Will try and clean the hub up and paint it before I put it back together.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Mileage is definitely stored in the clocks on the Clio. Have changed a few in the dcis I've owned for the upgraded sets which display cruise control and the mileage on the car changed as a result.

You'd want to do what I did on these clocks and desolder the bulbs which have been removed. Hopefully you just find a piece of tape covering them up though. Happy days if so.

View attachment 1469494View attachment 1469495
Thanks for this Graham. Will def give this a look/go. What else runs through r107? Could this be disconnected?

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Sorry, missed the question. Yes, I want the abs working again if I can.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Everything in the interior looms runs through the r107 so that won't be unplugged
Ok, cheers thought that might be the case. Got a set of clocks coming from Kyle (Big thanks) so will have a go at that. Probably a stupid question but do i need to disconnect the battery when i take the dash off? wont get it all back together in one day so will need to lock the car.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
To remove the clocks I wouldn't but also no harm in doing it.
just thought i'd have a quick go at removing some of the trim covers and found the dash has def been off before. 1 screw near windscreen missing aswell as the screw/clip near the door pillars on both sides. will need some of these to put back.

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
So after cleaning all this 🤬 off. I’ve managed to stick it back and and Atleast its now telling me it’s not happy.

Attachments

• 5B4774E2-A639-49F5-89FD-87129E215082.jpeg
    5B4774E2-A639-49F5-89FD-87129E215082.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 97
  • EC206496-6D06-4727-B8DF-B1CB105A0964.jpg
    EC206496-6D06-4727-B8DF-B1CB105A0964.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 103

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Hopefully. will fit the missing senor and try a new ABS ring before i just fit a driveshaft. need to find out somehow if the ABS has been clipped off though if the lights don't clear. Its all connected up from what i can see (apart from the sensor).

Thank you all for all the help so far with this.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I haven’t seen a bodge that bad since Novas etc. were still available for peanuts.

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
What ABS ring do you need iv got a couple in the garage you can have

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
What ABS ring do you need iv got a couple in the garage you can have

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
I've got one ordered thanks. Should be here tomorrow hopefully. Thanks very much for the offer though.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
You can get the radio code from the serial on the headunit if you are without (There used to be a page on here for it too)
Bilt Hamber Deox C is very good if you want to shift some of that rust, I done my calipers with it and they came out like new (Stick the part into a container and pour a hot kettle in with the Deox and leave it overnight)

Sounds like you have one hell of a revival on your hands, best of luck.