ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this true

If i was to buy a 52/53 plate standard clio cup with a couple of years left on the warranty and decided to put a new exhaust on on add an induction kit would the warranty be void?

If that is the case is it better to but a clio cup which is still standard so that i have warranty cover or should i go for one with uprated exhaust etc but then be in trouble if it goes wrong?

What do ya think?

The dealer has to prove that the replacement part has caused the problem, well thats the theory anyway.

Nippy white cup

Different garages have different rules m8. I have taken mine in quie a few times to my local one and had no problems with a decat/exhaust, ik, quick shift. I think as long as the work cant be connected to the mod (i.e. wiper problems with an exhaust) then you should be ok. Oh and it helps if you know someone who works there..;)

Chris

It should only void the warranty on the replacement part, as its not OEM.

Although my dealer tried to blame my clutch going to soon on the fact that i had big wheels and lowering springs. He automatically assumed i ride my clutch and wheelspin everywhere! t**ser, soon gave him what for and told them to sort it on the warranty as the clutch should last longer than 15000 miles!

Ziel Nurburgring

As Chris said, as long as they cant wriggle out of it by it being a direct result of the mod then you should be ok.

Some dealers might be n*bs and say an exhaust and filter might put undue stress on the engine and caused the problem. Go and ask them to be 100% sure