ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this unavoidable

I just had the tyres changed on my 172 as part of the recall (managed to get 10K on the old ones first, cher-ching). Anyway, it seems that where they have removed the old wheel balancing weights there are chunks taken out of the inside lip of the alloy rim. It looks like wherever there was a weight fastened, after removal it has taken two chunks out of the rim.

Should this happen?

Ive had tyres changed on alloys before and the weights have had to be removed, but they never left damage on the rims. I thought Id ask you guys if this unavoidable and common before I kick off.

Thanks

Bumder With A Buffer

Ive had it happen before and they have left massive scrathes out of the rims, I got a new wheel outa them!!! Mind u though it was on my old Mk I Astra and they were GTE rims.

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyone thats had there 172 tyres changed as part of the reccall that had similar damage or did they just do mine badly?

Clio

no but i have 172 rims and wen i have mine changed they better not . im always really careful with them too