ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Isle of Skye Tour Pics

Last week I booked a hotel in Kyle of Lochalsh for 3 nights so I could finally cross Skye off my bucket list :cool:

The weather forecast was very undecided leading up to it, but I got very lucky. Both of the 2 full days I had on the island were dry and bright enough, with the cloud adding some drama to the beautiful landscapes.

It is a photograher's dream. I could spend weeks exploring the place. I managed to cover most of the roads/areas I wanted to visit.

At one point I was averaging 10mph because I was stopping to admire the views so much! It is a beautiful place

jo1eDLV.jpg

OgrhgD5.jpg

X1dC6cC.jpg

LL5CeoD.jpg

DG4FAkO.jpg

k8XgOPn.jpg

tWNPUNM.jpg

B35x61a.jpg

0OsUhaY.jpg

24sUOzP.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Absolute loved Skye when we went. Some of the roads were a bit ropey but as you say, you spend more time looking at the scenery there.

I'll have to get back up there again soon.

Absolute loved Skye when we went. Some of the roads were a bit ropey but as you say, you spend more time looking at the scenery there.

I'll have to get back up there again soon.
Yeah a lot of them had been tar 'n' chipped recently. Not the best driving roads, especially for a car. Totally worth it for the views of course and I quite enjoy single track roads on the bike 😄

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Skye is my favourite part of the country, we had a week in May just before all the restrictions for tourism lifter and it was epic. Pretty much zero tourists about and the whole island was dead

Going up next week for a day with the lads e route to some NC500 stuff in the decent cars. Can't wait as there's some real nice bits of road
e01a93a5f5fd1d440bfa0a123d00a645.jpg

Where did you stay in Kyle?

Skye is my favourite part of the country, we had a week in May just before all the restrictions for tourism lifter and it was epic. Pretty much zero tourists about and the whole island was dead

Going up next week for a day with the lads e route to some NC500 stuff in the decent cars. Can't wait as there's some real nice bits of road View attachment 1554290

Where did you stay in Kyle?
I stayed here:

Basically right at the bridge with views over the water. Pizza place, chippy and co-op all within 50 feet. Perfect for me. Very spacious room with large ensuite. One of the quietest hotels I've ever been in apart from the slightly noisey old pipes. Decor is a bit dated but that didn't bother me. Ridiculous amount of food for breakfast too!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I stayed here:

Basically right at the bridge with views over the water. Pizza place, chippy and co-op all within 50 feet. Perfect for me. Very spacious room with large ensuite. One of the quietest hotels I've ever been in apart from the slightly noisey old pipes. Decor is a bit dated but that didn't bother me. Ridiculous amount of food for breakfast too!
Ah they didn't have enough rooms for us so had to book the Kyle Hotel in the middle of town. Looks proper basic but I guess it's just a stopover lol

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Looks a nice place. I'll add it to my list of places to go.
did you ride up on the bike? what was that experience like? how long it take etc?
certainly easier to park and stop etc, if it's a dead touristy place.

Looks a nice place. I'll add it to my list of places to go.
did you ride up on the bike? what was that experience like? how long it take etc?
certainly easier to park and stop etc, if it's a dead touristy place.
Yeah I rode from Dundee. Just had a bag on the bike and a rucksack with light stuff in it.

Took me about 6 hours to get to my hotel. Definitely a benifit being on a bike rather than a car. You can stop in the passing places on the single track roads and basically park wherever. Easier to get past slow tourists too. You'd have no hope in a car. The majority of the roads are single track

A lot of the time I would pass a few cars, stop further ahead to get pics, they would catch me up and I'd just zip past them again :LOL:

I think I'd get frustrated in the car. It would be a lot better for visiting the tourist areas though. Not much fun having full bike gear trying to waddle up hills to see the views 😅

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Ah, so you're Scottish? I had no idea. Do you know Duncan Bannatyne?

I've never ridden for more than 2 hours straight, but I want to go to Europe at some point on a bike. How did you break up the 6 hours?

Ah, so you're Scottish? I had no idea. Do you know Duncan Bannatyne?

I've never ridden for more than 2 hours straight, but I want to go to Europe at some point on a bike. How did you break up the 6 hours?
I know of him 😄

Well my bike only gets about 80ish miles to a tank so I was stopping pretty regularly anyway. On the way there I stopped for lunch at the Green Welly. But on the way back it was raining the whole way so I just rode straight home apart from petrol.

I've been to the Alps/France a few times on the bike and the ride there pretty much knackered me last time. It was a day to get down to the Eurotunnel and in to France, then a day riding accross France. I think next time I'll just hire a bike there so I'm fresh. Even my ears were sore from having earplugs in all the time! 😂

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Yeah I rode from Dundee. Just had a bag on the bike and a rucksack with light stuff in it.

Took me about 6 hours to get to my hotel. Definitely a benifit being on a bike rather than a car. You can stop in the passing places on the single track roads and basically park wherever. Easier to get past slow tourists too. You'd have no hope in a car. The majority of the roads are single track

A lot of the time I would pass a few cars, stop further ahead to get pics, they would catch me up and I'd just zip past them again :LOL:

I think I'd get frustrated in the car. It would be a lot better for visiting the tourist areas though. Not much fun having full bike gear trying to waddle up hills to see the views 😅
6 hrs from dundee to skye the f**k you doing reversing??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looks stunning. I will get up there at some point, my friend has family on Isle of Lewis and we keep talking about going up, but it's a fair drive up from Yorkshire !