ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ISP's slow internet down?

As above, do ISP's slow your internet connection down at peak times?

I was downloading something at around 1mbps. Bang on 8pm, it dropped right down to 250kbps and hasnt risen higher since.

Coincidence, or do they drop everyones connection speeds at these times??

What ISP are you with?

Alot of them do have traffic management and stupidly high contention ratios at these times. Also if you have gone over your Fair Use Policy then you will get restricted to around 250k/s although I find it odd if you have gone over your FUP that they would slow your connection down at 8pm and not earlier.

I know PlusNet are right c***s when it comes to the above

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine drops at peak times, thank you BT :(

Still doesn't seem to go below 30Mbps though :rasp:

Im on Virgin Media i think.

I doubt that we've gone over any sort of download limit though, as I hardly ever download anything and I dont think my dad downloads much stuff either (unless that includes normal usage, browsing, online gaming etc. If it includes stuff like xbox live, then it'll most likely be wayyyy over lol).

Clio 182 cup'd
I've been having similar problems with orange, runs at 6mbps in the day, then drops to 250kbps in the evening without fail. Can't see it being a line fault as it works fine in the day so I've put it down to traffic.