ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

issue regarding taking back a HDTV

mk2 172
on december 24th i bought a HD tv from pc world. now on the sales ticked it said hdmi connectivity. i double checked with the salesperson about this as i was told by ppl in the know to get one with hdmi for future connectivity.

now last week i checked and it does not have hdmi. i went to pc world to double check the sales ticket and on jan 26th it was changed, only change was hdmi had gone and now said HDTV.

because i was pissed off i told them i had bought something with hdmi output to find it doesn have it so cant use it, thus i want my money back. they are looking into it and have been for some days, they talk to me like its my fault!!

basically am i right to ask for my money back/ entitled to it and would you?

mk2 172
ps, have spoke to trading standards, and although the guy wasnt technical he said under sales of goods acts its false advertising, only prob is im entitled to money back minus usage, im not happy with the usage part though. all this depending on pc world finfing the old adverts

im no expert, but to me that would be false advertising, and i thought u were entitled to a full refund? i maybe well wrong though

mk2 172
hope so, if im honest i need the money as im moving house on friday as well lol so a refund would be welcome, another local retailer has the samsung 32 inch with hdmi on 6 months intrest free. end of the day irrespective of my needing money i was still fisted by pc world

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
not surprised, I work in IT, some of the stories colleagues come to me with telling me what someone has told them in PC World, he he he

mk2 172
yeah and it had tonnes of sockets. guess im one of the 55 million in this country that when asked to draw a hdmi socket wudnt have a clue what it looked like. if it says on the ad it has one why would i go to deep into it.

hopefully they will ring me tomorrow see what they have to say for themselves

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
I couldn't draw one, but if I was spending good money on a tv that needed hdmi I would damn well make sure there was a socket on the tv before I left the store :p

I hope they sort you out. These salesmen need either training or shooting.

Clio 182
a lesson to everyone here, dont listen to pc world staff..... I go in there just to see how little they know about computers always makes me laugh :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
Craggy said:
basically am i right to ask for my money back/ entitled to it and would you?

your entitled to a full refund, under the sales of goods act, the item was clearly misdesribed

mk2 172
update - these f*****s still havent came back to me with a final answer!
and they said if they do find their advert to be wrong they can offer me a dvi - hdmi cable! lmao, i said for all i know that could be like putting scart thru an rf socket, even though it isnt, i was sold a tv with hdmi, it isnt, end of they shud just give me my dam money back