ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

it had to happen!!!

after 5 weeks of virtually trouble free driving my bloody clutch cable snapped!! lol

now need one of them buggers! so got a williams with snapped cable and vtr with no front end lol

happened 2 me! its a b**ch! only a tenner from good ol renault tho, but as its for a williams its probably nearer £30;)

lol thats all i need!!, just about to get all the service bits and cambelt kit ready too! and 4 eagle f1 tyres! oh and tax and a cable!!:sick:

[Edited by richy on 14 May 2004 at 8:18pm]

Well, if its terribly stiff.. when they do the cambelt, depending who does it.. ask how much extra it would be to change the clutch.

You could just wait.. and see what happens.. might go through a few cables tho.. (and its not an engine out job)

im doing it all mate i work for reno, its not really stiff but is stiffer then my sisters valver, i cant afford to do it aswell lol just leave it and see what happens!! its not slipping at all, no noises from bearing at all so play it by ear so to speak!

Ah!

Ok.. hehe.. I just figured if you were paying for someone to do it, might aswell save a bit of money!

its saving me a fiar bit tbh, if i had extra cash id drop it all out and do clutch at same time as belt etc but really cant afford it, so it will have to wait untill for now lol, im planning to get the head gas-flowed n pos cams /pulleys in a few month so a clutch could be done at same time then:)

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

thats a bummer fella will be online soon! just chattin to a local lass!!!;) and on the subject of clutches my williams 3s clutch is stiff??? but i thought the general consensus was that all willy clutches were???

well went to work and cant get a reno cable untill tuesday!! got a non-gen as temp but it wont bloody fit wont quite reach and im pissed off after pissing about for ages !! aaarrrgggh stupid renos lol

also has anyone done the clutch them selfs? im doing the full service and cambelt kit at work and think ill end up putting a clutch in it to! not done a williams clutch yet

172 Exclusive

Yeah i have been involved with the clutch on my 16v 3 times:

1 when the clutch went

2 when the cirlip in the diff went thought it was the clutch when the gearbox was off noticed the cirlip had broke

3 when fitting my lightened and balanced flywheel

Me and my mate done it by dropping the subrame and taking the gearbox off that way including messing about and tea brakes we can do a clutch now in 6 hours easily

ok cheers mate

been reading up by the look u can just about slide it into the gap under the inner wing with certain bits removed!