ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB airbox design..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This ^^^

If you wanted to keep costs down it would be GRP with a gelcoat.

And still require all the same amount of time, and the same mold etc, so would only shave a few dozen quid off the price probably to make the plenum in that instead, but be massively less appealing to the end customer.

And still require all the same amount of time, and the same mold etc, so would only shave a few dozen quid off the price probably to make the plenum in that instead, but be massively less appealing to the end customer.

Exactly right chip, they would take no time at all to lay up really, give me a mould and it would be done and bagged waiting to cook in the clave within a couple of hours. Again you could make it out of eglass but it wouldn't be as strong and it would look gash. No quicker to make either.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Interesting. Do you think the front bumper will support it well enough then? I find them reasonably flexible personally. It's really nice work your doing though all the same! Has Lar's had any input?

The way we've slipped it into the bumper it isn't going anywhere apart from Forwards and backwards which is ideal, no input from lars no, he isn't interested in my car, only pushbikes haha

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Surely the last thing you want is it to be well supported by anything that isnt moving with the engine?

Even on very firm engine mounts it will still move a small amount.