ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

itb cooling issue?

172 ph1
After a recent itb conversion on the car we've noticed the fan is clearly not kicking in at all however it is wired up to a degree (to what I don't know) I'm not auto electrician but would I be right in saying the easiest route to go down is just take a live from somewhere with a switch inside the car that runs to the positive on the fan and just switch it on when it's ticking over etc?

Dan

RB Clio 182
The ecu you have will have an output for cooling fan.

Ive never noticed my fan kick in once since my turbo conversion(12 month) but the temperature never rises above half, ive got an adaptronic ecu will this be the same case as the op?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Who fitted the ITB's? I'd be asking them if it was wired and set up for the fans before messing with it. If it is, then testing it is just a case of getting the car hot enough for the fans to kick in.

You're unlikely to get it hot enough driving (sensibly) on the road unless sat in a traffic jam so I'm not surprised you've not heard it running tbh.