ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB's fitted and working...pics inside (56k, does that even exist anymore?)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
NICE, love that sound so much. Flames = overfueling? Or is that normal for ITB's?

Focus RS Mk1
cheers all, for the last time, yes i do have filters!

its ovefueling at the mo. hence the popping n bangin etc!

Focus RS Mk1
Damn i want some.. look really good man. How long are your trumpets, did you use the std fuel rail and how much did the kit cost you?

90mm trumpets, std fuel rail, all sourced second hand. so far the running costs are well under 2k. thats for all the parts, ecu and fitting and its current breif setup!

Focus RS Mk1
miltek decat and ktec exh.

Dont look into that figure too much...will have new updates once the map is looked at.

I was there when Sean.'s car was on the rollers. The noise was just amazing! If it wasn't for the up and coming supercharger conversions I would already be a lot poorer! :)

Let us know what it makes once you have the new map!

Focus RS Mk1
a joint collaboration of jamsport and GDi. Huge thanks to both for sorting it all out for me. Andy to the rescue and escpecially jamie and Mark for all the effort theyve put in. done a cracking job

Awesome!

Pity we dont have any guys like that over here to do that kind of setup.

We need someone from here to man up & TB ther clio lol

Cro

Meg'd r27
Ha, don't be rediculous Trev!Cro doesn't use the same bank as you!! There also might be one over here sometime in the future Mikey.... not mine tho, im just building it.
Sean's car makes me moist a bit :)

Focus RS Mk1
Aha the staverton road through newnham.

Sounding & Looking good.

cracking little road if not a little bumpy once past the 361 junction into newnham.

where you from then mate?

wouldve kept going but i was due to be somewhere!

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Looking & sounding Good Sean, bet it feels awesome to drive ! I wouldnt mind a nosey at this once its mapped.
I take it you have bonnet pins in due to cutting the slam panel at the top ?

Get those socks on, you will be hoovering up all the road side wildlife driving on those B roads mate haha ; )

Focus RS Mk1
Mapping went really well. the guy sat GDI worked thier magic and got the car running like a dream and it feels like a different car now the map is sorted! dead happy.

Official results

197.8 bhp (173.3 @wheels)
159lbft at roughly 5500rpm (cant remember wheel figure)

Power deilvery is so linear...car is rapid...lets just say i had her touching the high 140's with a bit left in her! more road and i'd have gonethe full 150 i think.

Huge thanks to GDI for sorting it out in the end. Andy and Dan are superb.

Looking & sounding Good Sean, bet it feels awesome to drive ! I wouldnt mind a nosey at this once its mapped.
I take it you have bonnet pins in due to cutting the slam panel at the top ?

Get those socks on, you will be hoovering up all the road side wildlife driving on those B roads mate haha ; )

Yeah sure does feel great, the sound is emmense. Sorry chap but i dont recognise your name...who are you?

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Thats ok Sean, we havent met. I live in the northants area too & just meant it would be nice to check it out at a future CS meet as im yet to hear an ITB'd RS :)

Good resuts today then bet your chuffed !

Focus RS Mk1
yeah no problem! havent been to any cliosport meet but its about time i pulled my finger out!

yeah i am chuffed at the mo. just need to stop burying the throttle, costin me a fourtune in fuel so far! lol worth it though

ITB'd MK1
yeah no problem! havent been to any cliosport meet but its about time i pulled my finger out!

yeah i am chuffed at the mo. just need to stop burying the throttle, costin me a fourtune in fuel so far! lol worth it though

I was going to ask if it was better with the lambda on, but that seems a silly question ROFL

Glad you're happy with it

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
whats the spec of your engine to get 197.8bhp?

have you purely just got itb's and a remap on a standard engine?

Focus RS Mk1
lol, but yes Dan it is better, after my initial surge home i steadied her off a bit and it seems a world away from the last setup...which was totally wrong for my car. i now have 'some' fuel economy rather than none! lol

Maynard - yes spec is as follows:

F4R 2.0l 16v 172
Omex 600 Engine Management
Clio specific loom & lambda
Jenvey 45mm ITB's (90mm trumpets)
PiperCross Sock Filters
Miltek Decat Pipe (standard cat supplied)
Custom made centre section (no silencer)
Ktec Stealth exhaust rear section

197.8 bhp, 159lbft

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
thats pretty cool mate, how you finding the mpg with the new set up then?

Focus RS Mk1
thats pretty cool mate, how you finding the mpg with the new set up then?

difficult to say when all im doing is full load on every occasison! lol but i'll find out next week, will give her a full fill tonight then go easy for a week and update