ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Itg or ram air ? Panel filter for 182

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
As above, just noticed the garage who last serviced the car kindly through away my k&n filter and put a cheap standard filter in.

Is it worth paying for the itg or is ram air just as good ?

I had a K&N panel in the standard air-box but it still felt a bit restricted, so changed it for the K-Tec Racing induction kit (which the fatty is a cheaper alternative to) and the difference is noticeable and it sounds awesome! Mine isn't a daily car tho so heat soak on the cone isn't an issue so can't comment on that but the sound :laughing::laughing:

2014 Clio 200t edc
I fitted a ph1 172 airbox to my 182 and to my 172 and it was by far the best sounding and imo performing. This is compared to an expensive induction kit (enclosed carbon fibre) and the standard 172/182 airbox.
Try and pick up a ph1 172 airbox, you won't regret it.

Clio 182
I'e just stuck in ramair filter. Saves 20 quid every service for a new paper one.

I am a bit worried however as ive read foam panel filters have a tendency to fall apart and be sucked in the engine?!!! Hopefully this is just scare tactics