ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITR - OMG!!!!!

Yesterday evening...

on right lane white integra t-R.... on left lane Impreza GT+xhaust and minor mods running 13,7s 1/4s regularly...apart from the start - (it was quite cold=slippy) the TypeR was quicker!!! - When I saw it i was seriously thinking of going back home or cry... SO F**ING QUICK! with good grip, and start I would suppose 13,5 or lower is real for the ITR... damn!
it had wheelspin even in third... and it is still 1.8 N/A...
and lets not forget that ITR is all but a drag car...

I had a blast with meg 2.0 16v with OMP Ngr. Xhaust, and lost by half a lenght (thanks to my new gbox - far too long a 3rd gear - up to 300-320m I was ahead...)...

AND! the meg lost a little to VTS - which is said to be bone stock (but many don;t believe it) maybe some pics will come...

350z & 16v Maxi

Just thought Id Hi-jack your topic on the subject of Integra Type Rs there is a guy who come into my shop who has a Integra Type R engine in his Mini; the old shape.

Colin

FRST and 106 GTi

Clio 16S??? its the first valver mate! It was called 16S and the race version Clio Coupe.

Yep.. 16s is a regular valver - it was called so in france - Valve=soupape, therefore S. mine is first lot of them. no cat.

ITR - no one knows all the truth... (at least I dont) but it is said (and apparently IS) complex. - all the intakes, exhausts, ECUs, (dont know about internals), stripping, lighter body panels, carbon fibre bonnet, modified Gbox and LSD, and God knows what else...

unfortunately no one had camcorder... but You can believe me. The fastest N/A FWD car Ive seen.. ever!

an ITR would not be in the same 0-100 class as a slightly modified GT turbo impreza, which would say 0-100 in 14 v 0-100 in 18 (unless it was seriously modified).

Trust me, i know ;)

Tony:)

Trophy

But some of these ITGs abroad can shift.
Remember seeing an ad for a racing one, you could buy the road going kit as an extra.

Mat.

Quote: Originally posted by TB11 on 29 March 2003

an ITR would not be in the same 0-100 class as a slightly modified GT turbo impreza, which would say 0-100 in 14 v 0-100 in 18 (unless it was seriously modified).

Trust me, i know ;)

Tony:)

ITR is much quicker to 100mph than 18 secs. (at least these I know) in my friends circles there are 5 ITRs... one is std. one has H22 swap, there is this beast, and two others not std, but not as crazy... and theres Civ 4 gen wih B18 engine from ITR, and it ate my mates valver...

And I tell You... the ITR was a BEAST!... shame I don;t know what is "inside" :) And they were racing three times I think...

th Pics are promised to come

im in the lucky position of having driven my mates integra a few times,

well firstly 18 sec to a ton is b****cks it was timed by autocar 16.9 to 100 but like the clio willy test that was in the wet so its inheriatally faster.

and lastly and most importantly the integra is THE best fwd car ever made, believe me the handling and grip is awesome, and that is what they are all about they are not dragsters, 1/4 mile is 14.8 so its not slow but nothing mega fast, although that said 5th gear is geared to use the full revs.

Ive seen 160mph on the speedo and that was on a flat non windy day, with two people in the car, but id be lying if i said it breezed to that, although it goes to 145mph with struggling, and remember its a 1.8 16v NA thats it 187bhp 130lb ft of torque, it should be fast but it is, and a proper driver in one can whip and i mean whip some serious rwd machinery, round a track, i love them, plus the nicest sounding 4 pot engine ever!