ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's been a while! R27/197 checklist.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Hello again CS, it's been a very, very long time. Just wondering if theres much to look out for on the R27/197? I'm most likely jumping back on the RS bandwagon because I'm just after a medium sized hatchback that's good fun to own yet not too slow, the MK3 ticks all the boxes. I've had a lot of fun owning petrol turbo's but my golly they can cost a lot to run at 14mpg. I considered the Focus ST, until I lost some hours at work due to the company wanting to save money etc etc.. Running it would of been hard.

I currently own a tidy B5 A4 1.8 20VT Quattro which is a pretty amazing car but a little too old for me now.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being back on here again, I miss the NWS'ness.

x

Welcome back to the fold fella.

The 197/R27/200 are no where near as good as 1*2 on fuel, mpg etc but it's all about how you drive them and what your journeys are like.

Won't be as bad as a Focus ST though and much more fun!

I would go for a R27 as well as they are not much more than the 197's.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Wicked thanks for the info. That RB is perfect. I'm after an RB, LY or ...White..
£7 is kind of the budget I'm looking for, any higher would be a push.

I know what you mean about having an extra gear, I miss having an extra gear. Always had 5 speeds after my 225 was stolen.

Anyway, thanks again. Have a great Christmas :)