ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its time for a change

Alrite all.

Firstly i am sorry it is in the wrong section, so will the mods please move accodingly, cheers:D.

Ok, well, i wanna get rid of the 197, dont get me wrong i love the look of it and the power, but its just too expensive to run, as i need to free up some funds as i am moving out, also the biuld quality is very poor etc. So i am after something which looks good, goes well and wont cost me the earth. I dont want another renault, peugot or citreon. Budget is around £6000 mark as the finance has to be paid off of the 197.

Cheers
toon

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Alex, I might have a TT coming in. Only a 180 Quattro but it will be cheap. Like £5k cheap.

Clio 1970000000
Why not go for a Civic Type-R. Bombproof reliability and you might be able to get a nice facelift (53/04) model. I had one and loved it. Funny really as I am going the otherway to a 197. Build quality is my main concern but it looks great and the reviews love it too.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
If your looking at the fabia VRS then imo also look at the ibiza FR TDI or Cupra TDI if funds can stretch a bit further, its the same car in a different shell and imo looks better.

How about one of the VAG TDI engines, can come up to 150 BHP variants which will map to around 200 BHP and still achieve 40+ mpg.

You can get a nice seat leon cupra FR 150 BHP diesel for the budget, decent cars.

172cup
A few of my mates have had dc2s and if you get a maintained one they will go forever, very reliable and hold value well. Another option maybe an ek9.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Much better, and Corolla T sports are epic cars imo, soooo understated i've got the yaris t sport which is also a fantastic little car. Ignore the stats you look up on the internet for the corolla, they are the same car as a celica t sport, same engine and gearbox and very similar weight, for some reason the 0-60 time etc on the internet thats posted is miles off, its 7 seconds to 60.

Some nice cars in there guys, but none of them really do anything for me, except the type r. It does not have to be like a typer r or a vrs or anything like that. I was maybe thinking somthing like an E46 BMW or something like a nippy little corsa or leon cupra R (one of these would be perfect)

cheers
toon

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
The corolla isn't far off a Type R, it has "lift" instead of vtec, same thing, a kick when it changes over cam at high rpm.

You also said you want something that doesn't cost the earth to run, you'll never see over 25mpg in a Type R unless you drive it carefully 24/7 which makes it pointless to have one in the first place, same with the leon cupra R.

I would really like to go jap or german, always had a thing about jap cars. The corolloa just doesnt do it for me.

toon

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
What about the celica then? Same engine/gearbox etc, it does have 4 seats too.

1254713-1.jpg