ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Its time for a change

182 FF
The corolla isn't far off a Type R, it has "lift" instead of vtec, same thing, a kick when it changes over cam at high rpm.

You also said you want something that doesn't cost the earth to run, you'll never see over 25mpg in a Type R unless you drive it carefully 24/7 which makes it pointless to have one in the first place, same with the leon cupra R.
I never drove either of mine with economy in mind,mixed driving - DC2 -28-30mpg and the EP3 Civic was better at 30-33mpg.
Has anyone actually mentioned a 182 etc?

172cup
Why aye, greatest team ever! Anyway, ST170 may not be the quickest in a straight line but handling set up is excellent, lot of feel from steering and feedback from chassis. It will feel dated compared to your 197. A good point with the ek9 and dc2 is that they have no value to loose as there depreciation is done. Engines are small displacement and if they have been looked after will last forever. Hondas have a die hard following so if you get bored you'll easy shift one. Plus they have loads of potential to modify too. Another option, and I know this is a bit out there, but i have never come across a car with as good handling for the money and, again, its jap so very reliable is a Suzuki Ignis Sport. Great little car, it has a 1.5 toyota engine so again reliable but does need a cambelt change after 5 years. Cheap insurance, 40+mpg and fun!

lets hope there exhaust clamps are straight ;-) a performance diesel would be good for you.

lol, i guess u have been talking to a Mr Lewis lol, it was nothing really lol. To be honest, the service that trowbridge has provided has been very very good. To be honest mate, i just wanna get rid of the car. Its nothing to do with the experience i have had with renault as a whole, its just the car is not practical for my needs anymore, its expensive and just not for me anymore.

alex

I never drove either of mine with economy in mind,mixed driving - DC2 -28-30mpg and the EP3 Civic was better at 30-33mpg.
Has anyone actually mentioned a 182 etc?

Ive had a 182 mate, was a nice lil car, but i just dont want anything french, cheers anyway.

toon

I wouldnt mind something like a E46 bemmer or a late E36 bemmer, Mondeo ST, Audi S3, performance diesel, something jap. I just want something reliable and looks good, im not too fussed about power etc, but i dont want something thats like a slug.

toon

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Why aye, greatest team ever! Anyway, ST170 may not be the quickest in a straight line but handling set up is excellent, lot of feel from steering and feedback from chassis.

As above, i enjoyed my ST170. Lacked straightline punch especially off the line due to the weight but once rolling it was quite quick imo due to the gearing. 60-90 i dont think it would be too far of the pace of a 172. Handling was far better than 182 i would say, much more predictable, controllable and stable.

172cup
Skoda octavia vrs, reliable and fast. Can be a real sleeper. Big power and cheap 04 - 05 plate Vectra GSi, lotus tuned handling (supposedly) and a 3.2 engine.

Skoda octavia vrs, reliable and fast. Can be a real sleeper. Big power and cheap 04 - 05 plate Vectra GSi, lotus tuned handling (supposedly) and a 3.2 engine.

Skoda is a possibilty, the GSI would just drink the fuel, so thats a no mate

cheers
toon