ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I've forced myself to come home!

For the first time ever I have reluctantly forced myself bring the cup home after popping down to Argos for some shopping, then having an unpredictable 40 minute blast around some awesome B roads. As i watched the rev counter flying round and the petrol counter slowly decending I was either gonna crash, get a speeding ticket or have to pump another £40 into the tank! I was having so much fun that it seemed inevitable that something bad would of happend if i didnt come home. The roads were soaked yet I was suprised at how the cup handled, ive always been sh*t scared to put my foot down in the wet but it done well, although the amount of understeer under acceleration out of the bends was a bit nuts. I havent had that much fun in the wet in any other car, I love this car, and to think I was getting bored of it!

No more clio's for me!
I'm surprised how much understeer there is in the wet...sh*t me up a couple of times. Must admit the tyres i currently have aren't the best anyway, but in the other motors i've had, i have never experienced that much, the understeer is unreal?? Any advice peeps?

Abarth 500
dannyboy172 said:
I'm surprised how much understeer there is in the wet...sh*t me up a couple of times. Must admit the tyres i currently have aren't the best anyway, but in the other motors i've had, i have never experienced that much, the understeer is unreal?? Any advice peeps?

Lift off mid corner to get the arse out instead ? ;)

<sighs> god I miss my Cup....

dannyboy172 said:

yup, learn a bit more throttle control... no seriously, you don't need to give them full beans, just ease it in... or provoke some lift off oversteer, but remember to catch the back end as it whips round lol

clio 182 black /gold
I did this last night with my brother in the car. He just said it is a small and fast car.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
My advice is stick to Michelin Exalto's. I've just swapped to Toyo Proxes and can vouch that the Michelins are better in the wet.

Just goes to show that tyres designed for a car should be the ones you put back on it when originals wear out..............

Rob