ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ive got an sti :( (partII)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
big word for you daniel. ;)

i think its just how it delivers the power more than the figures itself tbh.
he mapped pops and bangs on it for me and i kept moaning it wasnt doing it enough but now the blowing is fixed, it just wont stop popping lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lets see the graphs then? Who mapped it?

Sounds like a massive hike from a 4/5 PSI boost increase and decat..lol

Standard fuel pump also?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Not just a boost increase and a decat pipe tho is it!I fitted a walbro fuel pump..I am going to get it tweaked and on the rolling road soon so will post the print out from that as the original wasn't on the mark due to the leak.I think I will have to leave it at that as it will start getting silly cost wise to get more power.I will get some videos once I have fitted my new centre section.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What mods has it got to get to 330bhp with problems and still needing tweaking? LOL!

Trophy Turbo :)
The Best person to map Subaru Impreza is Andy Forest or Andy Carr and Bob Rawll. DONT get the cap mapped on the dyno mate you will regret it!

333 is what they normaly make on this spec, the lad askign questions a decent hight flow filter, fuel pump and a decat will let the car make this power with a remap

easy get 380Bhp with this engine reliable and for NOT a lot of cash a TD05 18/20G even with your oem injectors!!!!!

ive seen to many melt pistons and bend rods from Debt!!! use VPOWER

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
The above mods mate.
When I say it needs tweaking, it's because he wants to check it's boost correctly and a few other bits I don't understand. The blanking plug or whatever it is came off after the map and the run so it's just a precaution.

I am really enjoying it and at the moment everything is working as it should so I may well just keep this longer than 2 months...

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
quick little update...

had a couple of hours before lee evans last night so i decided to respray the front bumper. it had been done badly before and the lacquer was peeling and stone chipped to f**k!

it was missing the 'sti' stickers on the fog light covers so i decided to buy some and fit them BUT i put them on before i lacquered it...
anyway, only have 1 picture that ive just cropped to show some of the damage.
the rest are of the finished bumper. (needs to be flat and polished tho)

before
e7e12293-1.jpg

after
02037562.jpg

124bfe7f.jpg

b78c1aef.jpg

530179bb.jpg

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Right, camber if fine but brakes, not so much..

after a 'spirited' drive at the weekend, my front right brakes were making a horrible grinding noise and felt a bit solid...

so took it down to a mates workshop as i could be bothered to source the issue.

anyway.... i think the pics speak for themselves.
64f2ad8e.jpg

d4a73a3f.jpg

cea54c04.jpg

b8e0eef3.jpg

luckily the discs are salavgeable as they arent exactly cheap. :(

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
everything is ok (just about) i felt like i should be putting my feet out to stop as it didnt feel like it would stop and the noise was unbearable.

just cant find the correct pads for it. hoping the garage have more luck..

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
well it wont be doing anymore miles as its up on the ramps and will be until we find the correct pads.

i need 65mm wide pads but everywhere has them at 75mm.

(s)Low Dynamique
Thought you had some kind of infection from the title, car looks nice though! Perfect colour! But yeah flaps look/looked cheap but other than that looks nice :)

S3 Sportback, Ninja
I don't understand why you have bought this... Didn't you get rid of the m3 to save money on maintenance and now you have been f**king about with this mapping it and putting shiny bits on it?

CBR1K, F21 125D
This is the norm. He will get it in a good way, where he is happy. Then sell it for a £3k loss.

For something cheaper.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I don't understand why you have bought this... Didn't you get rid of the m3 to save money on maintenance and now you have been f**king about with this mapping it and putting shiny bits on it?

I am not trying to save money. if I was, I wouldn't of bought an impress.

I sold the m3 for various reasons none being to save money.

It was the pad behind the disc and I've only had it for a few weeks ;)