ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ive got an sti :( (partII)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Right, so i sold the m3 on saturday evening so i went and bought this yesterday morning.

its slow as fcuk but not for long and i paid a great deal less than what any others are going for...
needs a splitter and ive ordered the sti stickers for the bumper as the t**t who previously owned it, tried to take them off and ripped some of the lacquer off.

i am going to try my hardest to keep this one for more than 2 months but dont hold me to that ;)

pics/

tiny.gif

83c02ef2.jpg

61f09cf3.jpg

and for all the clio bum boys..
b95d7a4e.jpg

C+C welcome..
rich

tiny.gif

tiny.gif

clio 3 dci 106 hp
it look's great!!!!... but you have to remove those mud flaps ;) ps... it is the best model of sti about exsternal look!! great choice

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm pretty confident my Seat Leon 110 tdi is quicker than that. They're poo unless they're modded.

Merc
Nice reliable cars the Imprezas (when not modded). Only had a dead battery in four years lol. Prefer the hawkeye though :rasp:

Yup Daniel your about right, they are quite heavy.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Going to buy some bits later which once fitted should take it to 330-350. So that should be enough for a while..
M3 was great for posing and emptying my wallet quicker than an evening in a strip club.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
looks great, assuming no PPP fitted then? even so they are hardly slow lol

They are slow. fact.

Where they excel though is that they cost peanuts (relatively) to get them up to good BHP and Torque.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Not keen on the flaps and can't understand how they are slow, circa 5.5 secs to 60?

F56 MINI Cooper S
They are slow. fact.

Where they excel though is that they cost peanuts (relatively) to get them up to good BHP and Torque.

they arent slow atall, since when was 265bhp slow? you say it weighs loads, not really for a 4 door saloon, taking into account the 4wd system weights alot.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
If you come from a 1.2 corsa, they are the fastest thing in the world. If u come from a fast car, they are slow.
As Daniel said, I can spend about £600 and it will be circa 330bhp with more torque than 100000 clios put together.. ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
they arent slow atall, since when was 265bhp slow? you say it weighs loads, not really for a 4 door saloon, taking into account the 4wd system weights alot.

Possibly the most contradicting retarded statement of the day. Congrats.

Clio 172 cup
Most people on here wont know what one is but a decent knocklink would be my first purchase for this before you start upping the boost, best money i have ever spent on mine

Also a apexi avc-r is a very good investment

F56 MINI Cooper S
its not contradiciting, they may be heavy as you call them, but not considering they have a 4wd system, compare them to any other saloon car

Mk5 golf gti
its not contradiciting, they may be heavy as you call them, but not considering they have a 4wd system, compare them to any other saloon car

You blatantly havent driven one or the fastest car you have been in is your fiesta

Arctic Blue 182ff
For a Scooby, that's actually quite nice :) I could never own one due to the image, Insurance costs, and 4wd system. They aren't 'slow', quicker than most the cars on this site, but yes they aren't all that until fettled with. At 350hp, they are then 'quick' and will show up a lot of stuff - even match for my old 300hp S14a (2wd and weight difference highlighted there).

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Id ditch that filter and put the OEM box back on with a good cold air feed, decat, fuel pump and map will see you at approx 330/330. Thereafter its turbo, injectors, headers.

Stock motor will be plenty happy enough up to 450bhp.

Best of luck :)

Arctic Blue 182ff
Nah keep the filter, the IC will do its job and cool the air sufficiently, it's quantity of air that the turbo needs, let it breathe..

Mk5 golf gti
whats the economy like compared to the M3? with you saying the m3 emptied your pockets Lol

ive had an e46 M3 but not an sti like that?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Id ditch that filter and put the OEM box back on with a good cold air feed, decat, fuel pump and map will see you at approx 330/330. Thereafter its turbo, injectors, headers.

Stock motor will be plenty happy enough up to 450bhp.

Best of luck :)

OEM box will be sourced shortly..
I will be happy with 330ish.

The m3 was just a money pit (I knew it would be) but the only real similarities are the mpg's.