ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacked

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

Hey,

i need help and advice about my car jack, i just tried to change my wheel and my jack buckled as i was lifting my car up. Has anyone had this problem before??

i know theres a fella whos a CS member and works for renault if he sees this post id like to know what to do, will renault change my jack??

eek think if i got a blow out miles from home, id be stuck!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Get yourself a trolley jack. Whenever I do work on the car I always use that. You can always keep it in the car short term til ye get it sorted. COst about £10-15.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

i have 1, that point is that i cant be trucking a 2 tonne trolly jack round in my boot. do u think reno will give me a replacement?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Do you guys get a tall thing with a sidearm style jack?

Or do you get the diamond shaped ones like I have?

lol thats a joke, 3 or 4 people in this thread already that have had the same thing happen to them, did renfault even test them !?!?!

Audi S3 225

You think that’s bad, the front of my car is so tough to jack up since having Coilovers that when I used the Reno jack the metal handle you turn snapped in two at the joint, couldn’t believe it. Also before this the jack decided to give way and the car fell off! Was my fault though the driveway isn’t perfectly flat luckily the wheels were still on the car if not the car would have got trashed!

I use a trolley jack now, massive old skool one that can lift a tractor!!!!

Evo Tommi Mak

their crap jacks to start with ive seen plenty buckle as i work for renault. they should change it if the car is under warranty

speaking of tyres and jacks and stuff, has anyone used the aerosal cans yet, do you have to jack the car up to put the stupid stuff in? or do you just make an ass of it and call the AA.:confused:

Mazda MX5 1.8

well at least i know not to even try and use the renault jack when fitting my coilovers.......

do u guys just use the trolley jack on the same spot??

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

dink, your jack looks the same as mine, and i had a look at your other pics and your car looks quality, good to see some non 2.0 runner in here. i esp like the dials how much did that lot set u back??

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

i have removed the spare from my 172 sport and have two canisters of the get you home foam from a cup havent had to use it yet though (touch wood) so cant say if its any good, saves a bit of weight though

if the jack has buckled (like mine) is this something that should be replaced by the dealer under warrenty?

Mazda MX5 1.8

renault wont understand how dangerous this is

how they make a car and have a jack not really worthy of lifting a car is beyond me.....

is there any other decent jacking points apart from the bit under the sills?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 22 March 2005

is there any other decent jacking points apart from the bit under the sills?
Im alway fearfull that im lifting most of the car up using that point, i use the solid bits around where the bottom suspention arm meets the car, it looks kinda like a skid plate, but its close the the wheel so it made me think only that wheel was gonna get lifted, it bent either way.

Ford Fiesta

Which points do the dealers/tyre places use to lift the front end? I know they use the rear beam when leifting the back and can lift the whole back of the car by lifting the bean in the middle.

But the front? which points to use? the sills bend dont they?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

just got back from Dixon Renault, they basically wanted nothing to do with this problem, saying it looked like misuse.

so i rang renault customer services who said theyd try and help, but they needed to ring someone who inspected the jack, ie the pratts at renault in scunny, so she rings them and they tell her its misue. so u guessed it, they aint gona help unless i can get a renault dealer to say the jack is crap.

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 22 March 2005
renault wont understand how dangerous this ishow they make a car and have a jack not really worthy of lifting a car is beyond me.....is there any other decent jacking points apart from the bit under the sills?

What I do is stick a proper big jack under the front and the Renault one at tha back 9its much lighter at the back so should b fine). If you look about 1.5ft under the car youll see astrenghting part of the chassic which the fornt subframe is bolted to. i just stick the big jack on that as far forward (but on on) the subframe as possible). Then lift thee front and back slowly equal amounts on both jacks.

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 22 March 2005

Which points do the dealers/tyre places use to lift the front end? I know they use the rear beam when leifting the back and can lift the whole back of the car by lifting the bean in the middle.

But the front? which points to use? the sills bend dont they?
when you say the rear beam do u mean the bar the exhaust goes up and over?

My cars gets drivven up onot palnks to get the jack under ti i dont carry a jack, or a spare or a can of tyre foam, i simply have the breakdown number stored in my phone...sorted

Quote: Originally posted by rcp on 22 March 2005

if the jack has buckled (like mine) is this something that should be replaced by the dealer under warrenty?
anyone know?