ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacking point with a trolley jack

its a stupid question because i have been doing this for years in various places but where is the best place to jack when using a trolley jack? i hate using the sill but other areas on the front are a bit out the way

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you can use the sill if you put something between the jack and the sill(like a peice of wood).you could also use the chassis section just in from the sill and the chassis member just back from the front wheel arches which goes from the sill to the inner chassis section.the subframe is also ok if you use some wood etc so you dont dent it.

b*****d renaults.......

I use the Chassis rail, but if you cars low you need a decent low seat jack.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 13 February 2004

b*****d renaults.......

I use the Chassis rail, but if you cars low you need a decent low seat jack.
No you dont just run the car up onto a couple of blocks of wood, enough to get the jack underneath, i can only just get mine under as it is and it aint lowered yet, i have a wierd shaped drive