ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacob's titanium ph1

Inferno 225 cup
Right seen as everyone else with a ph1 is updating their's I will. :)

Took delivery of my stealth ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365615690.144377.jpg
Will fit when have the time.

Number plates have come, but waiting for my Velcro pads to be delivered.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365615715.639121.jpg

My fabia splitter has come as well, and just waiting for my spacers now and my 6000k hid kit, hopefully they will he here tomorrow but if not, il be having words.

Will update when all is fitted and cleaned up :)

Inferno 225 cup
Nice mate, even better now the weathers changing...:)

I know buddy, I'm changing my rear bumper too, so will give it the treatment you did, always a piece of mind knowing its all clean, even though you never see it.

Also ordering the new powerflex black dog bone mount :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Let me know what the black ones like, i have mine done but the old type (yellow i think)

Yeah i just could not fit the bumper back with that dirt there, it would play on my mind!!!

​I also have the KTR engine/g/box mounts fitted (ill post picts soon)

PH1 Clio 172
Still not sorted my plates out! Only thing that lets mine down. What are the dimensions for 3/4 front plate on a PH1 can only find PH2 guides.
Car looks great mate, coming on well.

Inferno 225 cup
Let me know what the black ones like, i have mine done but the old type (yellow i think)

Yeah i just could not fit the bumper back with that dirt there, it would play on my mind!!!

​I also have the KTR engine/g/box mounts fitted (ill post picts soon)

Will do buddy, it's on eBay for £45 from a power flex dealer, so worth a punt at that price, 25% stronger than the purple one apparently.

Will be updating them shortly too, also powder coating my wheels, bit unsure if colour tbh, I'm thinking high power silver has I'm having my callipers shot blasted and powdercoated in gun metal grey.

Trying to keep it fresh and OEM

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i bought the purple dogbone mount for mine, fitted it and it caused vibration in the cabin so took it back off. strange as the one i had on my last ph1 didnt cause any problems. phaser how do u find the solid mounts? heard horror stories of awful vibration on idle which would do my head in.

225 Cup & Williams
Purple is the hardest compound. I had the yellow ones fitted to my ph1 and its now fitted to DJW Johns ph1 and there wasn't any vibrations.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
i bought the purple dogbone mount for mine, fitted it and it caused vibration in the cabin so took it back off. strange as the one i had on my last ph1 didnt cause any problems. phaser how do u find the solid mounts? heard horror stories of awful vibration on idle which would do my head in.

Yes there is a bit tbh mate, wouldnt call it awful though but the knocking when the engine moved when giving the car some wellie did my head in even more, i love it and the car seems more responsive. :)

340i
Jacobs going for the big, hard black one... He loves it.

We've done some more work on his car tonight, sure he'll be along to update :)

Inferno 225 cup
Black is the hardest compound ;)

Well just got back from fitting all my parts with the help of gray motorsport and mark black :)

turns out my new exhaust isn't a stealth, seems like a custom one and made really well and sounds nice and raspy ;)
Old
vu8y5ybe.jpg

New
View attachment 96088

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365714655.402293.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365714674.218611.jpg
Cleaned heatshield :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365714693.318536.jpg
New plate and front splitter fitted
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365714829.502184.jpg

Coming on nicely now, just my black powerflex dog bone mount to fit when it arrives

Final pic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365715066.752384.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
Has a little drive in it today and really pleased with the sound of the exhaust, nice note in tick over and not that loud and raspy when you out your foot down.

Also having some coilovers dropped of near the end of the month :)

Inferno 225 cup
Seen as il be doing a lot of work myself I've decided to use my birthday money and buy the 150 piece kit from halfords :)

First thing now is to put my other bumper on. :)

Inferno 225 cup
Good choice mate, I want one of those.

Should of said ( but you clearly didn't know I was going ) would of got you one.

Been in touch with the seller I bought my hid kit off, the reason it's not been delivered Is the delivery guy ( Spacktard ) didn't know where I lived!!! So I should have them Monday :)

Also if its nice tomorrow I'm going to give the car and good detail :)

Give me a shout when you've fitted your HIDs mate. I'm interested to see whether they're a worthwhile mod.
Also, give me a shout if you get your car detailed tomorrow, as we may potentially be able to quickly meet up later on for a few photos, if I get mine done. ;)

Inferno 225 cup
Right been a quite productive day, the sun was shining So out come the tool box :) and my detailing gear.

1st of all was to change the rear bumper to a another one in a better condition.
So I removed the bumper to be left with this.
jebeny3a.jpg

My plan of attack was g101 and arch liner brush
(That's soapy water in the finale bottle )
ysaburat.jpg

New rear bumper fitted
4e6e9uva.jpg

Old bumper with scratch on
ejagytem.jpg

Next I changed the rear number plate light, this was from the new bumper but the 2 clips holding the connector had broke so quickly changed them around

Before
a7umugy9.jpg

After
banasu5a.jpg

Fitted
e3ebahy5.jpg

After all that I gave the car a good ole detail :)

G101 shuts/ sills/ badges and black plastics.
Bilberry for the wheels.
G wash shampoo.
Tardis all over
G washed again
Dried using drying towel
Ipa wipe down
Wolfs shine and seal using da on black finishing pad.
Wolfs body wrap to finish
AF revive on plastics
Tyre shine

Not pics during as I didn't want to gamble on the weather, need to get better pics but nipped to pick my cup spoiler up :) thanks to Sbridgey

Couple of afters

Flake pop, wolfs body wrap really bringing the colour out.
beburupy.jpg

yvapytah.jpg

9y7yzeza.jpg

e5yta9u2.jpg

Really pleased with how's it's looking now, hopefully the coilovers that I'm getting at the end if the month will finish the look off, not without the help of some spacers tho :)

My black dog bone mount should be here tomorrow and yes I keep mentioning my hid kit, but the main lights on this car are piss poor, and they should be here tomorrow.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Great work mate, i can see that your loving PH1 ownership....:D

Oh nice to see it clean behind the rear bumper, getting a bit carried away with yourself.....;)

Inferno 225 cup
Cheers gents :)

I even cleaned all behind the bumper itself and gave it a coat of sealant, I'm picky like that.

I've not once thought about my Megane so it's doing something right :) the only downfall is the exhaust, it's got an un-silenced centre section, but for £100 I couldn't go wrong, just need to sort it out though has its quite droney on a long drive :(

Picked my cup spoiler up and hopefully having it sprayed this week, that's the only ph2 mod you will see on this ph1!!!

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers gents :)

I even cleaned all behind the bumper itself and gave it a coat of sealant, I'm picky like that.

I've not once thought about my Megane so it's doing something right :) the only downfall is the exhaust, it's got an un-silenced centre section, but for £100 I couldn't go wrong, just need to sort it out though has its quite droney on a long drive :(

Picked my cup spoiler up and hopefully having it sprayed this week, that's the only ph2 mod you will see on this ph1!!!

Great stuff mate, my exhaust is the same but i dont drive my car very much so i can live with it tbh. But when you drive them like they should be driven the exhaust sounds the nuts!!

Picts of the cup spoiler when you get it done mate as im thinking about doing the same....:D

Inferno 225 cup
Love ph 1s keep up the nice work :approve:

Bring the rear number plate down a touch though ;)

My new one is on the work top dude m, not got the Velcro pads to fit it yet :(

Think they are both coming off dude and ph1tting <<<<(like it??) the new rs badge.

Ph1 172 Odyssey Blue
Very nice clean car! My headlights are a disgrace compared to yours, have you cleaned them inside? Or were they that clean when you bought them? Mine are really cloudy.

Inferno 225 cup
Very nice clean car! My headlights are a disgrace compared to yours, have you cleaned them inside? Or were they that clean when you bought them? Mine are really cloudy.

Not cleaned inside of them bud but I really want to, to my eye they look dirty.