ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jainy's first trackday pics at Oulton....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
After getting the trackday as a Chrissy present last year, today was the day that Jain finally got to use it.

First up in the 197 and then the single seater, all of us in Jain's entourage (lol!) were hoping like mad that the rain held off. It did for the most part, but we did see one spinner coming up to Deer Leap.

Anyways - a couple of pics...

Getting prepped....

DSCN3262.jpg

The 197 she was in. They sounded really good on the pit straight, I thought. Shame the instructor was a tool. :rolleyes:

DSCN3268.jpg

No.12 car for the single seater...

DSCN3272.jpg

Lined up, ready to go....

DSCN3281.jpg

All over (seemingly) a little too quickly!

DSCN3284.jpg

Jain was chuffed with it though - that was the main thing! If only we could each afford to go on circuit every week! :cool:

DSCN3286.jpg

D.

172 Credit crunch edition
Those days are pretty cool my mate went on one a while back and drove a megane sport and a single seater at brands hatch

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How and where did you buy this? looks mint.

I booked it late last year for her, m8 - phoned them up from this site...

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/experiences/racemaster.aspx

At the Oulton Park venue, you drive the 197 and the single seater. And as Benbosh says, the Brands Hatch circuit offers the Meggy 225 and the single seater.

I 'think' the single seater is restricted to around 90mph. Quite a few of the driver's out on track had the stuttering limiters kicking in on the pit straight. To be fair though, it seems plenty enough for the experience and with the stop/start drizzle through the afternoon, I doubt most people would have wanted to go much quicker anyway!

D.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I did this at Brands in the 225 as said above, was a great day :)

The limiter was annoying, it just limits the revs so your stuck in every gear to how far you can go. Was annoying as I was caining some people around the twistys but we whernt allowed to overtake and then couldnt get past on the straights due to the RPM limiter :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I did this at Brands in the 225 as said above, was a great day :)

The limiter was annoying, it just limits the revs so your stuck in every gear to how far you can go. Was annoying as I was caining some people around the twistys but we whernt allowed to overtake and then couldnt get past on the straights due to the RPM limiter :(

Ah, its an RPM limiter rather than speed then? Probably makes sense in a way - extending the life of the engine instead of everyone screaming around at 90mph in third gear! ;)

D.

ph1 172... Sold:(
After getting the trackday as a Chrissy present last year, today was the day that Jain finally got to use it.

First up in the 197 and then the single seater, all of us in Jain's entourage (lol!) were hoping like mad that the rain held off. It did for the most part, but we did see one spinner coming up to Deer Leap.

Anyways - a couple of pics...

Getting prepped....

DSCN3262.jpg

The 197 she was in. They sounded really good on the pit straight, I thought. Shame the instructor was a tool. :rolleyes:

DSCN3268.jpg

No.12 car for the single seater...

DSCN3272.jpg

Lined up, ready to go....

DSCN3281.jpg

All over (seemingly) a little too quickly!

DSCN3284.jpg

Jain was chuffed with it though - that was the main thing! If only we could each afford to go on circuit every week! :cool:

DSCN3286.jpg

D.

You know what needs to be done....;)

172 Credit crunch edition
lol the funniest thing that they tell you in the breifing is "if the car is revving over x-amount of rpm you must come straight back into the pits and we will put you in another car"

Me and my mate were like yeah BOLLOX to that!!!!