ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James' 182

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
As promised back in 2018, I'm back in the game.

Picked up this nicely modified 182 a couple of weeks ago, properly happy with it so far.

Quick spec as follows

Induction Kit
K Tec Exhaust
Pure Motorsport Strut Brace
Whiteline Anti-roll bar
BMS Shifter
Corbeau Clubsports
Turn 1 Wheel
Turinis with PS3s

The bodywork is by no means mint, fair few little dings & scrapes here and there, and the Turinis are in dire need of a full refurb. But I'm not really fussed, it drives and sounds fantastic which is all I'm after at the moment.

One of the first things I did was give the engine bay a good clean up.

IMG_8507.JPG
IMG_8542.JPEG

Thankfully the car is pretty bloody solid. No signs of rust, or even surface rust/bubbling on the sills, inner rear arches or by the fuel cap. So I will certiainly be giving them a coat of Dynax or ACF50, any recommendations for the best product?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Took it for a quick spin through the peak district today. Absolutely stoked with it, I dare say it out-handles my old 172 Cup but this is spec'd considerably better so it's not that all suprising.
014D6394-DEF1-4E13-B91A-10DF81DBC224.jpeg

5F85A11C-BBD5-4387-AF34-709E0273D9BE.jpeg

Patrick Daines

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda Rx8
I miss her!! Engine bay looking great. What did you clean the inlet up with? Looks good as new.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
I miss her!! Engine bay looking great. What did you clean the inlet up with? Looks good as new.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Not surprised there! It's at home here with the country roads in the peak district.
Thanks, Whipped it off and repainted it mate, just using cheapo VHT paint. Happy with how it came out.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Had some yellow calliper paint left over from the Cup. A pain of a job purely because it's kinda shite stuff which takes 2 months to dry and chips just by breathing on it. So had to redo them a couple of times. But happy with the result in the end.

Whilst the Turinis were off I had a crack at cleaning them up as much as possible. They were in poor shape to say the least, basically they were fucked, but some elbow grease and £3.99 metal polish later, it'll do the job until I get them stripped and powder coated, one day.
IMG_8674.JPG

IMG_8672.JPG

Picked up this absolute bargain brand new Sony BT stereo for £25.
IMG_8681.JPG

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Some further work to tidy up the engine bay...
Finally got around to painting the cam covers, went with black to contrast against the inlet manifold. I swear every fcking time I take off the inlet manifold & leads I manage to end up with a misfire when I put it back together again lmao. Was just a case of un-trapping them in this case.

Also picked up some heat-reflective gold tape.

Does it look kinda chavvy? Maybe.
Will it do f**k all to the performance? Probably.
Was it a waste of an hour of my life? Yes.

IMG_8772.JPG

Anyhow, the whole engine bay clean-up has cost me a grand-total of £13, so I'm stoked with the transformation considering the state of it on my first post!

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Treated the Clio to a proper service last weekend, thought I'd splash out on the good stuff. Millers Nandodrive CFS and Genuine Type D coolant.
IMG_9379.JPG

Noticed a longgg time ago the rear spring rubber mounts were missing and was causing an awful creaking noise when going over speedbumps, so finally got around to fitting a brand new pair. Gave the rear ARB a quite coat of yellow whilst it was off to match the brakes. Classic half-a-job, as is everything when it comes to working on a daily in the rain when you've only got a finite amount of time before you need the car on the road again.
IMG_9382.JPG

Now I've eliminated the creaking noise from the back, it really is remarkable how quiet and smooth this car is to drive, considering it's a lowered, stripped-out 15 year old French tin with a KTEC exhaust. But when you give it the beans, it absolutely rips. Love it!

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Decent update incoming!

Splashed out and finally got my Turinis refurbished. The powdercoaters worked some serious magic to refinish them as they were so far gone in some places, but now they look absolutely brilliant, hard to believe they're the same wheels. I also realised I was a little down on power so I repainted the brakes red to gain an extra 5 bhp. They've come out really well and suit the darker wheels so i'm really happy with the outcome! Also fitted a set of brand new PS3s to finish them off, looks bang on.
IMG_9813.JPG

IMG_9808.jpg

Absolute shoutout to @Coops Mk1 who massively helped me out by lending me a set of wheels whilst I got my Turini's refurbished!! Absolute lad.

Also fitted a sunstrip a few weeks back with @dann2707. What a difference it actually makes, can't believe it's taken me so long to get one.
IMG_9818.JPG

Roll on Summer!!