ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

James' 182

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Steady 250 mile round-trip in the Clio over the weekend,

The smaller 15s have had quite an effect on the gearing meaning the exhaust drone now annoyingly kicks in just under 70mph rather than 75ish. D'oh.

Averaged a nice 45mpg though, and the Recaro's are so comfortable for long drives, such a good all-rounder!
IMG_3779.jpeg

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Nurburgring, completed it mate

racetracker_21523658_339630.jpeg

CDB47494-6895-4D75-956A-2B1C3CC9BC12.jpeg

racetracker_21542227_339628 (1).jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

1220 miles in 4 days, including 7 laps of the Ring, the little Clio was absolutely f**king faultless. What an absolute riot!
Feels a little sorry for itself now, with a few niggles to sort, but overall so so pleased with how it performed over the weekend.

Things to sort.

-Knocking noise from the front right.
-ESP/ABS lights on dash
-Strange new gearstick rattle
-Exhaust Rattle

So just a little wear & tear :ROFLMAO:

Also just had to post this photo a track-spec Megane from Sweden that we spotted, with probably the coolest legal plate you'll see.
IMG_0106.jpeg

Last edited:

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Owned this for almost 3 years now and I've never given it a proper detail. Nothing over the top, just a little tidying up here and there.

Seatbelts cleaned, can't believe how stained they actually were! Turned out to be quite the effort... Doubt they've ever been done.
IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

Boot shut and door sills cleaned up.

IMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

Quick wipe over the engine bay. Seems the Inlet manifold & fuel rail cover could do with another rattle can paint job!
IMG_0704.jpeg

Looking mean!

IMG_0378.jpeg

Back to the Nurburgring in 3 weeks.. can't wait!!

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got around to replacing the shocks which has been fucked since May.
Considered BC Coilovers for a while but ended up replacing them with new Cup Shocks. Swapping them over turned out to be a lot more effort than I anticipated but got there in the end..

Also gave the callipers another lick of paint, the third time since owning the car :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0791.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg

Service time... only the best.

IMG_0793.jpeg

Oil was changed only a few months ago, however since then it's done a good 5k miles including a track evening & nurburgring trip - so another one can't harm.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you @dann2707 for the help with the shocker change too.

If it wasn't for you I would have been crying like a little b**ch in the corner, although I did for a little bit but thank you for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Really sorry for being so dramatic saying it was a horrible job when in actual fact it was a very normal job for working on an old rusty clio.

Guess you missed that bit out no worries

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Nurburgring, completed it mate

View attachment 1643894
View attachment 1643895
View attachment 1643896
View attachment 1643897

1220 miles in 4 days, including 7 laps of the Ring, the little Clio was absolutely f**king faultless. What an absolute riot!
Feels a little sorry for itself now, with a few niggles to sort, but overall so so pleased with how it performed over the weekend.

Things to sort.

-Knocking noise from the front right.
-ESP/ABS lights on dash
-Strange new gearstick rattle
-Exhaust Rattle

So just a little wear & tear :ROFLMAO:

Also just had to post this photo a track-spec Megane from Sweden that we spotted, with probably the coolest legal plate you'll see.
View attachment 1643900
Cool plate, but not car people with think he's a massive steamer (there would be nothing wrong if he were... just might not be the image they thought they would be projecting).

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you @dann2707 for the help with the shocker change too.

If it wasn't for you I would have been crying like a little b**ch in the corner, although I did for a little bit but thank you for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Really sorry for being so dramatic saying it was a horrible job when in actual fact it was a very normal job for working on an old rusty clio.

Guess you missed that bit out no worries
Thanks but I was more referring to taking it all off again to rectify any mistakes and refitting it alone, by essentially jumping on a breaker bar whilst trying to slot the bolts through the hub at the same time - that turned out to be a lot more effort than I anticipated but got there in the end.... b**ch.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks but I was more referring to taking it all off again to rectify any mistakes and refitting it alone, by essentially jumping on a breaker bar whilst trying to slot the bolts through the hub at the same time - that turned out to be a lot more effort than I anticipated but got there in the end.... b**ch.
200.gif

It'll be ok

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Another successful Nurburgring trip last weekend!

Absolutely scorching weather and the track was heaving at times but still had a cracking time, the Clio held it's own once again. 💪

racetracker_23787071_379191.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

Can't believe how lucky I've been with this car, bought it blind for £2300 just under 3 years ago and it's been basically bulletproof. Weapon!!

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_1118.jpeg

Decided to switch back to the Turinis for a while. The 15" Ultraleggeras are up for sale if anyone is interested. That said, it drives so much nicer on the lighter 15's, so if they don't sell I won't be overly fussed as they'll be going straight back on and I'll offload the Turinis instead.

Cleaned up the headlights too.

IMG_1125.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpeg
    IMG_1118.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1125.jpeg
    IMG_1125.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 29
Did you decide to put the Oz back on and offload the turinis as mentioned above?
Might be interested if they are for sale?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Another successful track day in the 182 last weekend at Donnington, got super lucky with the weather!
IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

Had a productive morning today sorting a few things. Some less glamorous photos to come...!

Noticed my headlights were doing basically nothing to assist me seeing where i'm supposed to be going in the dark,
Culprit turned out be a broken adjuster so N/S bulbs were rattling about and facing completely downwards.
IMG_1656.jpeg

Thankfully they use the same adjuster pins as some BMW 5 series models so they're easily available from ebay for a few £.
Fiddly job to replace but got there eventually. Was so relieved I didn't even check the photo was in focus but you can kind of make out the replacement.

IMG_1659.jpeg

My wheel arch liner had seen better days having mashed itself to pieces..
IMG_1673.jpeg

Grabbed a replacement from a chap breaking his 182 for the grand total of £0. Well used but most will know they're rarer than hens teeth these days, so pretty happy with that!
IMG_1650.jpeg

Surprised to see how well my DS2500s are holding up having seen over 5000 miles including 2 weekends at the Nurburgring and 2 track days!

IMG_1660.jpeg

Finally, fancied switching up the Turinis for a while.

IMG_1671.jpeg

15" OZ Superleggeras & Rainsport 5s. Should see me through the winter!!

IMG_1672.jpeg

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Well overdue tidyup!

Washed with Meguairs Wash & Wash
Wheels sealed with AutoGlym Protector
Polished with AutoGlym Super Resin
Paintwork waxed with Auto Finesse Glisten Spray

See how long it lasts :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2009.jpeg

The bodywork is so shoddy, does let the car down when you look up close. Always been more focused on how it drives rather than it looks though!