ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jamesy's Megane 225 Inferno progress thread.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Finally got my omp wheel fitted.
Cruise controls to wired in but not in a hurry for them as don't use them too often.
Refused to pay £20 for an omp push button horn so wired in a Richbrook stop/start button I had laying around.

Bought the wheel second hand from @Mbeau for a great price and spent a few hours cleaning and brushing it up. Came up really well i think. To be honest for £50 can't complain.
View attachment 1336348
I make, or made those carbon brackets with 6 buttons utilising the top 2 as a horn.
IMG_3166.JPG

Now that looks very smart indeedy!!
Thanks mate.

Had to wait a while to justify them to the bank manager.. ?

I agreed once the old tyres were knackered I'd source some alloys with tyres and kill two birds n all that.

Paid £250 with four month old tyres on, ps3 and rainsport 3's. Bargain.

Refurbed them myself over the course of ten days.

Love new wheels, they make or break or car looks wise.

Apparently not.

Plus when they are exported they are usually marked up heavily according to the 2 french men I was talking to.

Seems they still save some money with the travelling over to get them.

Fair play. Must be an experience driving on the wrong side for them and towing.

What's next? You're local aren't you? (Bristol).

Fair play. Must be an experience driving on the wrong side for them and towing.

What's next? You're local aren't you? (Bristol).

Yeah it must be tiring, extra concentration.

208 gti next.

Something smaller and that my wife will drive.

Unmodified. In fact she picked it as it has sat nav and a panoramic roof. I was just happy to keep something sporty as the second car tbh.

Yeah I'm in brizzle.