ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Jan 31, 2015] one night stand meet blackpool 31st of jan (blackpool)

If this cruise gets shut down by the Police (which I suspect is likely) and it's a little early for you to be trekking back, take a left out of Tesco and carry straight on until you see Asda. We'll re-group on there for a bit! :smile:

in coming down with 3 clios 100% and meeting 2 more there so where shall we meet first?

We'll stick with the Odeon (even though you will drive pretty much past the cruise location en route to us) as there is the Swift Hound pub which does belting food and a McDonalds on that car park so it caters for all pocket depths. I'm thinking McDonalds grub will be better now due to so many attending and a fair few 'maybes.'

We'll convoy to the cruise together, and then as said if it does get shut down by the boys in blue and you feel it's a little early for home then us Clio lot can re-group on Asda down the road and decide from there what to do (drive/photos etc).

FF Inferno 182
@Paul.M @Ade182 @jakehamer1994 @InfernoPaul We have a choice for food at Odeon car park, theres the pub, Frankie and Bennies and Maccys. Its doesn't really get busy on the car park so we should be ok, but it is Saturday so you never know.
And the car park is huge so we shouldn't struggle for picture space.

We'll stick with the Odeon (even though you will drive pretty much past the cruise location en route to us) as there is the Swift Hound pub which does belting food and a McDonalds on that car park so it caters for all pocket depths. I'm thinking McDonalds grub will be better now due to so many attending and a fair few 'maybes.'

We'll convoy to the cruise together, and then as said if it does get shut down by the boys in blue and you feel it's a little early for home then us Clio lot can re-group on Asda down the road and decide from there what to do (drive/photos etc).
Sounds like a plan

jakehamer1994

North West - North
Yeah was just gonna say it's changed to yeadon way now due to over 1,300 people saying they turning up . I should have a few clios coming with me to non sports though. We still all meeting at half 6 then ?

@jakehamer1994 the more I read about this cruise the more I think the police aren't aware. I reckon it'll be shut down quickly! Now the location has changed, where should us Clio lot meet afterwards if it's too early for home? Tesco meant it was easy for us to go to asda but Yeadon Way is a curve ball.

@jakehamer1994 the more I read about this cruise the more I think the police aren't aware. I reckon it'll be shut down quickly! Now the location has changed, where should us Clio lot meet afterwards if it's too early for home? Tesco meant it was easy for us to go to asda but Yeadon Way is a curve ball.
We could just go back to the Odeon and decide from there if it goes down the shitter

FF Inferno 182

My mums bf is CID and he's pretty sure they dont know anything about it lol
and bad news my car is in the garage might have to be a passenger with @InfernoPaul sadface :(

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I have a feeling it will be over pretty quickly too, there is always big bnq down at whitehills as well that has a large open car park with pretty good lighting if I remember correctly, I'll have a think about photo locations local to yeadon way, I'll have cameras and go pro stuff with me, hopefully my brother will be with me too so we can aim for rolling shots, he knows his way round a camera better than me.

jakehamer1994

North West - North
@Ade182 not sure mate I have spoke to one of the guys sorting it and he says that they are fully aware and that they will be there watching. Looking at the page though its got a fair few people coming and when that happens there is gonna be trouble, doubt it will be many police there though later on as it is a Saturday night and town is busy

Yep, quite quickly too.

On the way back a blue Skoda Octavia was trying to push me along on a dual carriageway and I wasn't rising to it... then you would not believe how quickly I took the Trophy around the roundabout to the motorway... when I got to 70 it was full of traffic police smiling as it passed me! :sweat:🙈:car::policecar:

Really liked your silver 182 Ade, silver on silver is one of my favourites now (especially when it's immaculate looking!).

Trophy is horrible. Properly neglected when it comes to cleaning. Scrubs up well though when I put the effort in!

Titanium looked perfect mate. Just the right height too.

Great to see you all, and meet some new faces :smile:

@jesus did you manage to find fish and chips anywhere?
Nope lol, the town centre was absolutely dead... all the clubs were either empty or closed too as we drove past!

Cheers for the photos, mine is so dirty it almost looks like an Inferno haha.

jakehamer1994

North West - North
Haha town here don't get busy till after 11 really and is open till 6am. I'm going Manchester in couple of weeks for mates birthday for a night out heard they strict there and have to wear smart black shoes?