ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Janspeed for 182??

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Right peeps, i have been looking into exhausts to mix reviews on here! 'the search button'... But, i really need to know the best one, Not personal opinion, but really in regards to build quality, sound, fitment etc.

Any idea's will be great!

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Thanks, Janspeed is not the best make in my eyes fred.. what is the info on it?? i am swayin more to your system.;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
the janspeed is good by all reports, one of the quieter systems out there, which for me and my poofy ears would be good lol

Lionel Richie
nothing wrong with the janspeed, its nice, but its mass produced and therefore there is obvioucly a comprimise in build quality

but saying that its one of the best mass produced systems out there

if that makes sense!

Lionel Richie
nothing wrong with the janspeed, its nice, but its mass produced and therefore there is obvioucly a comprimise in build quality

but saying that its one of the best mass produced systems out there

if that makes sense!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Sounds like the Janspeed will be the one for me. I was going to get a Hayward and Scott, but don't think I can justify the extra cost anymore.

What is the benefit/negativity of only having one backbox?

So are there any perceived advantages/disadvantages from only having one backbox on the janspeed?

clio 200 F4Rt
cant picture what the janspeed system looks like, but if its quiet but yet is only one silencer box, surely this box is gonna have some serious baffles in it.

which isnt going to do much for performance.

But surely it would only have as much as two, so isn't really going to make much difference. Theres some pictures of it if you do a search for janspeed on here.

BMW M3
Glad Janspeed just make the list !!

Ive got one and am 'now' very happy with it.

looks very nice, is not loud and the quality seems good to me.

The only problem i had was the fitment, didnt align right but Janspeed took it back and fixed it spot on.

And although it quite quiet, when i lift off in 2nd at very low revs after its been thrashed for a while, it breifly gets very boomy but it may be down to my 120 cell sports cat... not sure. Fred ? lol

Justin, do you know anything about it only having one silencer? What are your thoughts to it? Loudness? Does it irritate you on long journeys?

BMW M3
Im not too sure on its insides, but it does just have one back box and a silencer further up near the cat.

I dont find it loud at all, except for the bit i mentioned above. As for on the motorway, unless your doing 90mph+, you cant tell its not standard when cruising, until you push the go pedel a bit.

BMW M3
JANSPEEDXXX.jpg

BMW M3
Not too sure of who has a sound clip.

I would do one but the fancy lead i use to upload videos is at my mums house 40 miles away lol

Could possibly do a little video at the weekend of the sound in and out of the car if you like?

Would prob be on photobucket so not great visual quality though.

182 Trophy
How easy is it to change from the OEM exhaust to the Janspeed cat back? Are any extra fitting parts required?

Do Renault stealerships get funny about warranty work if exhaust has changed?

Also anyone no of the cheapest supplier? I know K-tec sell them for £345 but I'm sure they must be available for cheaper than this...

R

rich[182]

Motorsportworld i think is about £315 inc vat + delivery, reckon all in will be about £325ish inc delivery