ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Japfest

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Whos been? Is it worth going to?

Thinking of going this year for the drifting demo etc. but its quite a mish for me to get there so i dont wanna waste my time...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its ok, but notorious for having SHIIIT weather, and if its raining its like a storm lol, plus u will get stuck in the carparks! but for jap cars it has most of the best in the uk there, this and japshow at the end of the year are good, they have good trade stands and someone always crashes on track...

the drifting i didnt think is that good there tbh, they seem to use 1 corner and then just do doughnuts around each other lol

172, Tiguan
Went last year with the Datsun and was a good day out. Bit chavvy, but thats to be expected I guess. Spent the whole day walking round the track and with different cars on all day was OK. Could easily spot the guy's with talent though, they all had understated cars that were quick, rather than the look at me look at me crew in their winged wonders.

Were using the whole circuit to drift mate, was actually pretty decent.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I normally go as it only about 10miles from my house.

When the weather is good, it's good day out.

One of Castle Coombe's biggest days of the year.

Been there probably 25 times at event days and have been fine with parking and never got stuck. Just get there at a reasonable time and don't park in the adjacent fields and your been fine.

Caterham 270R
I got there early last year ,qued for an hour to get in . i couldnt park at quarry so i was told to park in one of those fields opposite the paddock entrance.

A 200sx and i were the first 2 cars in , it was so bumpy i broke my ktec splitter brilliant,

I left at 4pm and it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get out of that dam car park
not impressed..

The event has out grown the circuit now but we need to keep the event at combe because its such a good money maker.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I got there early last year ,qued for an hour to get in . i couldnt park at quarry so i was told to park in one of those fields opposite the paddock entrance.

A 200sx and i were the first 2 cars in , it was so bumpy i broke my ktec splitter brilliant,

I left at 4pm and it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get out of that dam car park
not impressed..

The event has out grown the circuit now but we need to keep the event at combe because its such a good money maker.

Jesus I have never had it that bad.

TBH I normally go up about 10-11 once all the queues have gone and just drive into the Quarry car park and find somewhere to park. As there are always a few that move there cars for the track sessions.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yeh i parked in the field too in my 200 lol had fun on the way out lol very slippy but that was 2 years ago...

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
So its worth going if it's dry and be prepared to queue :)
Sounds pretty good guys, cheers for the replies!

Anyone got any pics taken there?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Either get there really early or really late if you want to avoid que's. (sp?lol)

Its a good day out as long as you don't take it too seriously. Theres a load of chav-wagons there with some right neds driving around.

Deffo a good day out though, and i'll be going again.

Willy + Modus DCi
been the last couple of yrs never had an issue with parking. also for some reason always come back ridiculously sunburnt, must be magic!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
as said you do get chavvy people there, but you also get most of the most powerfull cars in the uk there also...

so like fcs pleanty of chavs... but unlike fcs, you actually get cars that go really well and look good also... plus its always fun to watch the track time and if u drive jap cars there is pleanty to look at and loads to buy :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So its worth going if it's dry and be prepared to queue :)
Sounds pretty good guys, cheers for the replies!

Anyone got any pics taken there?

A few we took from last years Japfest... click me.

It's not a bad day out at all if you're even a little interested in Jap cars. The queues weren't too bad either to be honest probably queued no more than an 30 minutes total (that includes both to and from the circuit).

172, Tiguan
but unlike fcs, you actually get cars that go really well and look good also...

Thats open to debate! ;) 80% of cars there looked like a Halfords catalogue, though I will admit the other 20% are usually epic.