ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JCC's FRS

KMS is only about 2 miles from me, see plenty of these now. Also see plenty of flames too. Awesome things.

Mine on standard map spits small blue flames at the moment. Anything north of 375 with decat and bigger injectors and you get into BBQ flames territory, which is what I'm aiming for...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another minor update, my plate is now on, got shortened number plates from Halfords so still fully road legal with very subtle BS markings to keep the law happy.

040_zps3b7f2156.jpg

Car goes to Sitech this Friday to get geometry done and a couple of other bits then over to Gally at the end of this month for a detail.

Not sure what is next on the shopping list, payday this month will most likely bring either Remap or Intercooler.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Might drive past Sitech on the way home, catch a glimpse of this bad boy.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jeeeez that's going to look good once i'm finished with it. Really appreciating the Green and Silver combo.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to seeing the shots after Gally has worked his magic. Seriously considering one at some point next year.

Might drive past Sitech on the way home, catch a glimpse of this bad boy.

I'm hoping it will be back with me within a couple of hours, probably be gone by the time you leave work I'd imagine!

Looking forward to seeing the shots after Gally has worked his magic. Seriously considering one at some point next year.

Do it. Amazing machines.

Lovely car mate. Hopefully get into one this year.

Patience mate, you'll find one! As I said, I waited a year!

Jeeeez that's going to look good once i'm finished with it. Really appreciating the Green and Silver combo.

Completely gone off black wheels on them now. Silver looks so fresh, especially with the brushed centre caps.

Dropped the car off with Gally last night to let him work his magic on the paintwork, picked it up late this afternoon. Crappy phone picture I took on the way home does not do it justice but the car is now spotless as you'd expect! Top work for a guy who ruined CS ;). Not had a chance to see much in the way of beading etc yet as only had light rain today at best.

007_zpse27c2759.jpg

So another job done on the list. Next is more than likely going to be Airtec Stage 2 intercooler, but haven't decided yet!

That looks fantastic mate, top work by Gally.

Which Milltek system did you go for? Resonated or non?

Cheers mate.

Non-resonated with decat, it's hilarious driving it in anger or with the windows down and the radio off. Rasp, roar, bang, flame, repeat.

Wow. Saw one of these last night when I was out, so much prescense

They do look quite intimidating when you see one coming behind you in your rear view, gaping mouth, wide arches and that spoiler. Even more so with a bigger intercooler on show.

Small update, not too much happening with the RS recently due to funds being used for my holiday etc. Did manage to get the car into Sitech earlier on the week for them to fit an Airtec Gen 2 intercooler, good for 700+bhp so more than I will ever need! :approve: Went for black cooler with a green logo, not to everyone's taste but I love it, adds even more aggression to the front end. Quick phone photo from an evening blast a couple of days ago, as it sits now:

034_zpsfb2fa2a2.jpg

The RS was extremely impressive over these roads, radio was off and windows down the entire way too. Also passed @Martin_172 and his mate coming back in the opposite direction obviously with the same idea!

Route I took was from Stirling through Callander then alongside Lochearnhead through Comrie, Braco etc and back to Dunblane if anyone knows the route. Deserted A/B roads with very few potholes, ideal.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
FMIC with the Logo looks terrible imo. You were doing so well by getting it black..

Titanium 182
Loving some of the little touches!

370+ BHP will be fun

I've been around Croft a few times in Jam's Sport's RS, I think it's running around 550 bhp and is a total torque monster!

IMG_5024-620x350.jpg

FMIC with the Logo looks terrible imo. You were doing so well by getting it black..

I expect most of CS won't approve, nothing a tin of matt black can't fix if I decided I don't like it either ;)

Loving some of the little touches!

370+ BHP will be fun

I've been around Croft a few times in Jam's Sport's RS, I think it's running around 550 bhp and is a total torque monster!

View attachment 112101

Cheers, the power I'm aiming for (400ish) is indeed nothing from the RS' these days. Sitech are currently building another 2/3 700+bhp monsters. Only limit is your wallet really!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Looking good. I agree, the intercooler needs the logo! Likewise I think 400 is sensible target.

I've got a stage 1 airtec IC, eibachs and montine scoop, box lid and filter still to be fitted. Need to get it booked into collins, seem to have time to buy stuff, but not to get it fitted!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I guess it can be repainted. Logo's are a bit 90's for me. I suppose it's the only way people can see you've spent money.

It'll have green ford badges next..;)

Looking good. I agree, the intercooler needs the logo! Likewise I think 400 is sensible target.

I've got a stage 1 airtec IC, eibachs and montine scoop, box lid and filter still to be fitted. Need to get it booked into collins, seem to have time to buy stuff, but not to get it fitted!

Cheers, what colour logo did you go for? I was going for a stage 1 originally till Simon told me how cheaply he could do the Stage 2. It was you who had all the trouble with the one that was previously brown wasn't it? Hope your new one is better!

I guess it can be repainted. Logo's are a bit 90's for me. I suppose it's the only way people can see you've spent money.

It'll have green ford badges next..;)

Never, did the coloured Ford badge thing with my ST and then removed them again ;)

Renault 5 Turbo
Cheers, the power I'm aiming for (400ish) is indeed nothing from the RS' these days. Sitech are currently building another 2/3 700+bhp monsters. Only limit is your wallet really!

That'll be a nice quick car with 400, but 700!! I think the other limiting factor is it's fwd as well.

very nice car btw ;)

400 is ideal for these. Normally sustainable on OEM internals, clutch and drivetrain. Once rolling they put it down with ease, so long as it's not a crazy boost high torque map. I personally wouldn't go beyond that.

Fantastic machines. I'd love another one some day.

That'll be a nice quick car with 400, but 700!! I think the other limiting factor is it's fwd as well.

very nice car btw ;)

Cheers!

400 seems to be a nice useable number for them whilst retaining reliability as a daily driver (hopefully). As Munson said the standard internals and running gear cope well with it from other owners' experiences. 700+ is utterly crazy but has been achieved before, has to be mapped to have a very smooth power curve to put the power down obviously! £20k ish possibly more to reach those figures too, madness.

Not long back from picking the car up from gally after I left it with him to apply some form of sealant to the wheels (Not too sure what it was, detailing isn't my strong point) to hopefully make the wheels less of a pain in the arse to keep clean.

Last edited:
Mine was pushing around 380hp and was pretty devastatingly fast once moving. Felt quicker than my current steed. In a straight line at least. You can't turn your nose up at an OEM hot hatch that will take 400hp and still behave like a shopping car when you want it to. Exhaust choice permitting of course. They are amazing with a decat, but rather antisocial on cold starts.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
My old one was Revo stage 4+ , we then added cams and a hybrid turbo and pushed power to 500bhp. Response was better than standard and was a very fast point to point car , but for an every day car a stage 4 is ideal as normally get away with standard clutch.

Mine was pushing around 380hp and was pretty devastatingly fast once moving. Felt quicker than my current steed. In a straight line at least. You can't turn your nose up at an OEM hot hatch that will take 400hp and still behave like a shopping car when you want it to. Exhaust choice permitting of course. They are amazing with a decat, but rather antisocial on cold starts.

Was yours still on Mountune software at 380?

Non-res Milltek with decat is just right for them IMO, when used as a daily at least.

My old one was Revo stage 4+ , we then added cams and a hybrid turbo and pushed power to 500bhp. Response was better than standard and was a very fast point to point car , but for an every day car a stage 4 is ideal as normally get away with standard clutch.

Was yours the one with 530RS in the number plate? May be thinking of a different one.

I agree I think a nice round 400/400 is probably about right for an every day car.

No. Mine was software upgraded from the Mountune 350, and was also pushing the Miltek Ultimate exhaust system and decat. It was crushingly fast, but became somewhat irksome on motorway journeys. If I bought another, it would probably be basic MP350.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
No I had private plate on my car , I can't mind what plate it went back onto. My was the first one to go onto a Loba turbo then Richard went to the same spec on his white car.
Gregs old car was crazy and put the power down well , Jamie's ST is going to be amazing aswell with new design twin scroll manifold.

No. Mine was software upgraded from the Mountune 350, and was also pushing the Miltek Ultimate exhaust system and decat. It was crushingly fast, but became somewhat irksome on motorway journeys. If I bought another, it would probably be basic MP350.

What software did you go for in the end? I'm swaying towards Revo mainly due to my preferred tuner using/rating them.

No I had private plate on my car , I can't mind what plate it went back onto. My was the first one to go onto a Loba turbo then Richard went to the same spec on his white car.
Gregs old car was crazy and put the power down well , Jamie's ST is going to be amazing aswell with new design twin scroll manifold.

Aye I was talking to Simon when I was in about Jamie's ST and the white RS he has in that's also getting the twin scroll setup. Will be utter weapons when finished.

I had the JWR/Autotech software. Fantastic. Much smoother than OEM and noticeably faster. Especially in the high RPM. It pushed maximum boost right up to 7200rpm in every gear, and even higher boost in 6th on the autobahn. Saw a genuine 165gps. 175+ on the clocks.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has just got one of these. Same colour, but with black wheels (and black vents...).

Had everything done to it by Collins Performance iirc, and its been RRd at 402bhp. Absolutely stunning car, so much want it is unreal. Once I've settled into my house and have spare funds, I will be filling my garage with one. Epic machines.

They really are awesome machines. Every time I drive mine it feels like an event. I lusted after one for a year solid mind.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Greg erm, went a bit far with his. Alas that's what he wanted.

Not too much to update to this, but recently had the car in to Sitech again to take advantage of Revo's summer sale and had their stage 1 map loaded onto the car. Never had the car put on the RR but Simon reckons with the modifications it should be in the 350ish bhp range. The car feels a lot stronger and smoother on the road now, Simon himself commented that it has a nice strong pull to it through the gears. Makes the throttle response more linear as well i.e squeeze the pedal 50% and you'll only get 50% of the power.

Hopefully before the end of the year (maybe) I shall have purchased this:

milltek_DOWNPIPE_only.jpg

This:

SITECH-RSMK2-BLK.jpg

And these:
injector.jpg

Then 400bhp will simply be a map away :D