ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JCC's FRS

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Indeed. I've never driven it but imagine it's s**t loads of fun.

Yeah Simon told me that as well. Proper bit of home engineering!

Borg Warner EFR 6258 (62mm compressor, 58mm turbine) turbocharger, Sitech Racing turbo inlet pipe, enlarged boost pipework, Spec-R inter-cooler, standard fuel system, AEM methanol injection system, NGK spark plugs, Peron Race Edition tubular exhaust manifold with large primaries, Sitech Racing downpipe and 3 inch stainless steel exhaust system.

All of that plus coils, big brakes, R888s and other bits. Oh and a huge home made splitter you also won't like :wink:
One of, if not the most powerful new shape FST in the country.

$_57.jpg

What power is it running? That splitter is awesome

172, Eunos Rs Turbo
Yeah stock engine.
It would be interesting to know what torque it's making and how aggressive the torque curve is.
But if those number are accurate the 1.6 Eco-boost is a stout little unit.

It would be interesting to know what torque it's making and how aggressive the torque curve is.
But if those number are accurate the 1.6 Eco-boost is a stout little unit.

Was 300 lbft @5k when it was running just over 300 bhp.

Also a feature on it in last months Fast Ford mag.

Gave it a clean at the weekend, decided to take a few quick iPhone pics. Couldn't be arsed drying it off for them, lol

043_zps705d89ec.jpg

076_zpsa2fb5f0a.jpg

096_zpsb452c251.jpg

Should hopefully get an uprated inlet from Sitech come the end of the month. Get it painted up to match the car and on and it's another step closer to Stage 4!

Another update, picked this up a couple of weeks back, got it for a decent price second hand from the RS forum. It's not "necessary" for the power I want, but it's a safer way of doing things as the plastic item on the car has been known to fail especially at higher states of tune.

024_zps5591df0f.jpg

It's an uprated inlet manifold, Sitech racing's own design. Was in near perfect condition but as it matched absolutely nothing else on the car colour wise I decided to give it some paint, namely Ultimate Green to match the bodywork.

Stripped it down:

012_zpsa73885d5.jpg

Prepped and hung up in the booth for paint:

016_zpsb4dcd448.jpg

Did a few spray cards trialing different ways of applying the basecoats to get a shade as close to the car as possible, Ultimate Green is well known to be not the most straight forward of colours. In the paint scheme we use at work it's made up of 2 different basecoats, a solid green is applied first followed by a tinted clear which adds the pearl element to the colour. In the end I settled on 2 coats of the green undercoat followed by a single coat of the tinted clear as this gave me the best match to the car:

014_zpsf513481d.jpg

Applied a white basecoat first to kill the red, helps make the green more vibrant also:

020_zpsc3186cf6.jpg

Green undercoat and pearl coats applied:

023_zpsa4c7e7ab.jpg

Finally lacquered:

029_zps4b12f80a.jpg

Up close shot trying to pick up the pearl:

034_zps3d1e0b51.jpg

I will be flatting and polishing the face to give it a nice smooth finish, then will need to get some form of graphics on it. Will be Sitech Racing's logo and possibly the Skull logo they use to go with it, not entirely decided yet.

The car is booked in at Sitech this Saturday to get 650cc injectors fitted, they have to remove the inlet manifold to fit these so will get them to fire this one on while it's in there. Simon will then be putting the car onto Revo's Stage 4 map file :smile:

Ordered a new stronger spring from Forge to go in my recirc valve to cope with the increased boost pressures to come so will need to fire that in as well before mapping. Also got the car booked in with Gally in the next couple of weeks to get it sealed up again for winter coming! So an expensive but productive month on the RS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it! Think the last UG we did we ended up with 7 coats to match!

Love it! Think the last UG we did we ended up with 7 coats to match!
I was surprised just how well our paint scheme matched it, could almost have gotten away with it panel to panel! It matched better than the bumpers FFS.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Cheers, still got your ST?
Yeah I've still got it. Got some bilstein dampers waiting to go on and may get a miltek ultimate next year, currently on the standard exhaust with centre silencer taken out.

The plan was to get an RS next year but the missus wants to move house now -_- so sticking with the ST.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
When do bumpers ever match anything these days! ;)

If it's not fitted by next week give me it in the boot and i'll seal it with temp proof stuff.

Yeah I've still got it. Got some bilstein dampers waiting to go on and may get a miltek ultimate next year, currently on the standard exhaust with centre silencer taken out.

The plan was to get an RS next year but the missus wants to move house now -_- so sticking with the ST.

f**king women!

I had the same on mine but with Milltek downpipe and decat, sounded epic above 3.5k. Spat flames too.
When do bumpers ever match anything these days! ;)

If it's not fitted by next week give me it in the boot and i'll seal it with temp proof stuff.

It should be fitted by then all going to plan, was going to say to you about giving it a quick once over with something once it's on if it's easy enough for you to do in the bay!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
f**king women!

I had the same on mine but with Milltek downpipe and decat, sounded epic above 3.5k. Spat flames too.

Yep so no RS for me lol! I bet it did although it does sound quite nice atm I'd like a bit of extra power! How far are you going to take the RS?

Yep so no RS for me lol! I bet it did although it does sound quite nice atm I'd like a bit of extra power! How far are you going to take the RS?
It's addictive once you start to go down the tuning route! I'll be leaving it where it is power wise once it's at Stage 4 I think, 6 pots are the next big thing I'd want!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Coming along nicely now!

Let me know if you ever upgrade your turbo - I'm on the look of for a K16 for my car but i'm not paying the £1700 rrp!

Coming along nicely now!

Let me know if you ever upgrade your turbo - I'm on the look of for a K16 for my car but i'm not paying the £1700 rrp!

Will do, however I can't see that ever happening, that's a LOT of cash to get to that stage.
Remind me what power stage you are at at the minute mate?

Two of my pals have 400bhp beasts. They are seriously quick.

It's currently Revo stage 2, so around the 350-360bhp region. It already covers ground ridiculously fast as is, I've just always had it in my head that if I bought one I'd have it running stage 4 for some reason, so here I am! Lol

400/400 is perfect in them, when my mate had the white one running 420bhp it was surprisingly well behaved!
Fraser's?
I've been out in a big turbo'd 500+bhp one, from 3rd gear upwards it was actually very useable power. The right mapping helps!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Fraser's?
I've been out in a big turbo'd 500+bhp one, from 3rd gear upwards it was actually very useable power. The right mapping helps!
yeah frazers one, first gear it was obviously no good, 2nd gear sink the boot in the dry it would put power down pretty well although still rip its tyres, but if you were careful and progressive with the power it was fine! mighty fast though lol

Reactions: JCC
Mine was only running around 390hp at its peak state of tune. It was a high power map instead of mental boost. I found it great in dry conditions once in third. Traction had to be respected, but it wasn't an uncontrollable beast.

Reactions: JCC
How come you got rid of your green one? Your white one has serious spec mind!

At the time I wanted to pay off my mortgage and it was a chunk of cash tied up in a car. Was always worried about people damaging it too, some of the repairs I've seen to UGs have been terrible. At least white isn't hard to match :)

At the time I wanted to pay off my mortgage and it was a chunk of cash tied up in a car. Was always worried about people damaging it too, some of the repairs I've seen to UGs have been terrible. At least white isn't hard to match :smile:
Fair enough! Aye UG is well known as a tricky colour. I've seen bodyshops on facebook proudly show off the paintwork they've done to UG RS' and I can see the ring where they've applied the colour FFS!

Another update, went to Sitech yesterday to have my plenum fitted, 650cc injectors put in and Revo's stage 4 map file uploaded. Soon as I got in the door at 8:30am I was asked how I was at removing stickers, handed a heat gun and an extension lead and tasked with removing some decals from Simon's new race car:
004_zps2d1405b7.jpg

003_zpsb128d277.jpg

002_zpse58cc204.jpg

A serious bit of kit! Whilst I was doing this they set about about the work on my car. The inlet looked a bit bare in just paint and seeing as it's a Sitech inlet and they've done all the work on the car I thought it should have Simon's logo on it, so had a rake through his stickers and came up with this:

013_zpsbf31d90b.jpg

After this was fitted with the injectors and the map uploaded it was out for a test run before paying the bill and taking the car away. No point to putting the car on the dyno at that point as the eECU takes a while to learn/adapt to it's new settings properly. As Simon has had a sort of open day-ish type thing on all weekend and was open on a Sunday he told me to bring it back then if I wanted a run.

So after taking it out last night and doing a few miles in it to let the ECU adapt I took the car back up to Sitech today to get it on the RR and see how it ran. Video of it on the rollers, probably ruined by photobucket, iPhone mic did not like the bang at the end either:

Best result was 403bhp and 410 ft/lb. Happy with that! Was a little down on peak boost figures but I think that may be down to still having the weaker spring in my recirc valve, will swap that over to the stronger one and see what difference it makes to how the car performs. Not that I'm particularly arsed mind as it's seriously quick as is out on the road, does not drop off peak boost at all from 3k upwards all the way to the limiter. If I was going to go any further though I'd definitely invest in some bigger brakes, scary speeds are achieved far too quickly now!