ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JD - Your thoughts on Z5 and ZFX

Not a 320d
Hai.

I wondered what your opinion on the pair mixed together are. I applied it on a company car about 3 months ago, its only been washed about 3 times since. Even so I washed it the other day and it still sheets wonderfully and beads very well considering its a sealant.

Just wanted your 2p on it if youve used it (or anyone else) as im considering using it on 3 more company cars ive got on contract now rarther than using something like aquartz topped up every wash with M135. Hell im even thinking about using it on my own and another 5 family cars ive got lined up to do because it seems so bloody durable. Doesnt half look bad either! - - -

IMG00247-20100802-1359.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He's as reliable as th rumour that Richy is a bumder. Make of that what you will.

I can't be assed with that Zaino stuff, takes the fun out of it for me tbh.

Z6 does pwn every other QD out there though.

Personally, it would depend on time scales. The ZFX was very impressive when mixed with Z2, but customer cars is when it really came into it's own. The idea being I can lay down more protection without worrying (so much) about curing times. Awesome :)

Re Z5, I see no reason why not, with a top up of Z8 GF each wash, it should see it well protected and beading for a long time.

He's as reliable as th rumour that Richy is a bumder. Make of that what you will.

I can't be assed with that Zaino stuff, takes the fun out of it for me tbh.

Z6 does pwn every other QD out there though.

I'm sorry, who's name is in the title?

Text/email me something fitty. x

Not a 320d
Z2 as in AIO? Ive use AIO before and didnt like it in the slightest. I actually dont see the point in topping it up with Z8 (which by the way is just as good as M135) as the Z5 with ZFX will do all the work anyways. I do agree it does take the fun out of it, I think perhaps on my car ZFX'd Z5 would be a good option for the November to Feburary protection, as it allows easy washing and drying. Mainly why I wanted to use it on customer cars, looks good to the average joe, its obvious theres protection and it makes my life easier when doing maintenance details every 2 weeks, lasts well too.

The car can be waxed in better weather I guess. Cant wait to get a coat of Vics Red on it come march after a machine polish.

Not a 320d
Ah right sorry. Well i need to buy some more as im almost out of Z5. Can you honestly say its better? Not sure if I should stick with what I know. Not fussed about swirl filling abilities, just so long as its durable and will sheet as well as ZFX'd Z5.

I can't buddy. If you are happy with the Z5, I see no reason why not to carry on with that. I like picking up second hand bits and testers from people so I can get through as many products as possible. Then I either stick or keep them, rather than selling them on again.