ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Imports - Canada

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Just read the entire thread. Love the story and that’s a serious collection of cars 👍👍

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Due an update here....

I got offered my Red Ph1 back and I couldn't say no!

51606845433_da21f8e1bc_c.jpg

51606627551_710acb2942_c.jpg

Red Evo 8 added to the stable

51607506205_d88e89fc42_c.jpg

Work wheels in Clio V6 fitment and specs. For next driving season.

51605795282_63ac82f699_c.jpg

Some rare 18" Advan Super Racing V2's with Cusco coilovers on the white wagon.

51607506395_167f6ec738_c.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I bought it back from a guy I previously sold it to in Canada. He delivered it to me.

I'll keep you in mind if I do a UK export!

Looks great and feel free to although as you probably know, shipping costs are rather volatile at the moment. Well, other than RORO.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Amazing - how do you deal with servicing these cars when i assume garages in canada have little or no experience of these cars?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Amazing - how do you deal with servicing these cars when i assume garages in canada have little or no experience of these cars?
Do most of the work myself. Have some Renault specific tools and get parts from the UK as required.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Nice little niche you'd made for yourself there, can't imagine there's many importing Renault Sports to that side of the world?
There are some but kicking around but definitely few and far between. I imagine there are less than 5 Meganes in all of Canada

M2 / Golf GTI
Why do all Japanese auction houses use the same poo CCTV imagery?
Probably because with up to 40,000ish cars per day going through it's the most efficient way to take and upload pics. Of course that's spread over a few auction houses but even so. It does however make you laugh for a country obsessed with tech and especially cameras!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Probably because with up to 40,000ish cars per day going through it's the most efficient way to take and upload pics. Of course that's spread over a few auction houses but even so. It does however make you laugh for a country obsessed with tech and especially cameras!

Yeah. All the quality is from a Nokia 3650. Kinda bizarre.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Why do all Japanese auction houses use the same poo CCTV imagery?

Yes, although, with an importer that has proper full auction access, not 3rd party, can supply you with the hi-res images for any of USS auction cars.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Things got a little out of hand last night, one more to add to the collection. Will have to sell some off in the spring time, I am out of space!

This will be one of the last ones built I think having a Sept 2005 date.

52520588542_c888458e57_z.jpg

52521058801_ed3ec5dec3_z.jpg

52521336279_caa8ed5a99_z.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love that. I thought the JDM one’s came with the big red recaros rather the the same as the premier or that just the phase 1 ones?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just be struggling to let any of them go, tbh - even the practical minivan options.

Surely you can just start to utilise the neighbour's driveway as well? :p

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I'd just be struggling to let any of them go, tbh - even the practical minivan options.

Surely you can just start to utilise the neighbour's driveway as well? :p
Yeah its tough to decide but the Skyline and Evo have appreciated nicely in the last few years so those maybe the ones that'll go. I already have cars stashed in multiple spots, proper pain.