ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM - Ph1 Clio v6

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Here are some pre-shipping photos in Japan before she goes on the boat to Canada. Should be with me in about a month and a half!

Super Excited!!

Big thanks to a few members on here that have helped me during my hunt.

40633998184_ace619870a_c.jpg

41347714661_ae033195d7_c.jpg

41304485142_04cc4c0825_c.jpg

41304498472_ae61b03653_c.jpg

27475524358_aa48daa171_c.jpg

27475760568_9a23ec8f4f_c.jpg

27475762558_322c858ba7_c.jpg

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Shouldn't be too hard to rectify.

Oh for sure, bonnet change, paint the trophy spoiler and remove the black wrapped section of the rear bumper. See how it looks in the flesh when it lands.

I’ll be happy just to drive it to start with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I bet you can't wait for it to arrive :up: I guess you can track where the boat is up to? I'd be checking all the time :smiley:

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Appreciate the kind words! Do like its JDM goodness.

bloody excellent!

The Ph1 wheel you sent to snappy for me is going in this ;)

I bet you can't wait for it to arrive :up: I guess you can track where the boat is up to? I'd be checking all the time :smiley:

Yeah you can track the boat, it is not on the boat just yet. It only takes about 10-12 days from Japan to Western Canada.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The Ph1 wheel you sent to snappy for me is going in this :wink:

yeah you mentioned in pm chap, nice! first time I've seen it is all as been a bit useless at following the forums! looking forward to seeing it in and done! in a few months obviously!
presume snappy got the wheel? not heard anything!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
yeah you mentioned in pm chap, nice! first time I've seen it is all as been a bit useless at following the forums! looking forward to seeing it in and done! in a few months obviously!
presume snappy got the wheel? not heard anything!
Yep messaged him earlier today, wheel arrived safe and sounds. Thanks!

dan's cast offs.
am guessing you can just pop a walbro in? not got a clue what actual pump it runs but chances are one will fit.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Have no idea mate.

Try mailing Scott at sgmotorsport if you have no luck.

Thanks, i'm in touch with Scott already about some other parts. I'm waiting on his response about the fuel pump.

Love your new wrap!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Wheel looks amazing. Is the fabric a rear seat used Dr has snappy got new material that matches the ph1?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Car looks great. Think I would have the bonnet painted to match the car, but love it otherwise. Bet that will turn a few heads over there.

It looks nice, I imagine it stands out a lot in Canada amongst the other traffic. Regarding the fuel pump I have the workshop manual here and it says the fuel pump marque/type is “BITRON” and under special notes it says “Immersed in the tank, Flow: 80 l/h minimum under a regulated pressure of 4 bar and at a voltage of 12 volts”. I hope that helps but i’d echo what others say and check with Scott.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
It looks nice, I imagine it stands out a lot in Canada amongst the other traffic. Regarding the fuel pump I have the workshop manual here and it says the fuel pump marque/type is “BITRON” and under special notes it says “Immersed in the tank, Flow: 80 l/h minimum under a regulated pressure of 4 bar and at a voltage of 12 volts”. I hope that helps but i’d echo what others say and check with Scott.

Thanks, I noticed in the workshop manual it stated about the 80 l/h Bitron unit. The in-tank system looks very very similar the that in a 172/182 so i'm sure a Walbro 255 will work just fine. As long as the sender and filter sit at the bottom of the housing and the pump diameters are close then there is no reason it won't work.

One thing I need to have a look at is if you need to drop the tank or if you can access the top of the tank from behind the seats!

PH1 V6
I think there is access into the tank from the centre of the storage shelf.

I asked Scott to fit the extinguisher there and I'm sure that's the reason he gave for not fitting it centrally.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I think there is access into the tank from the centre of the storage shelf.

I asked Scott to fit the extinguisher there and I'm sure that's the reason he gave for not fitting it centrally.

Possibly the best news I've heard all day.

Possibly the best news I've heard all day.

Yes there is an access panel underneath the carpet on the storage shelf behind the drivers seat (or in your case passenger seat being left hand drive). I changed my fuel filter a few years back and remember there being reasonable access. Unfortunately I can’t recall how easy it would have been to access the pump but looking at the diagram of the tank the pump is located very close to the filter so I think you should be able to reach it.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Yes there is an access panel underneath the carpet on the storage shelf behind the drivers seat (or in your case passenger seat being left hand drive). I changed my fuel filter a few years back and remember there being reasonable access. Unfortunately I can’t recall how easy it would have been to access the pump but looking at the diagram of the tank the pump is located very close to the filter so I think you should be able to reach it.

If access is easy then removing the pump should be straight forward (the sender housing and tank level float comes out in one piece), did my 172 pump last month with no drama.

Clio spor 172 Ph1
Oh for sure, bonnet change, paint the trophy spoiler and remove the black wrapped section of the rear bumper. See how it looks in the flesh when it lands.

I’ll be happy just to drive it to start with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you send me the bonnet to the United States I'll buy it for you

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
If you send me the bonnet to the United States I'll buy it for you
Not planning on selling it just yet, I have a spare v6/172 bonnet here in Canada.

I haven't decided if i'm going to keep it on the car or not yet. I'll keep you in mind if i decide to off-load it.

Clio spor 172 Ph1
Not planning on selling it just yet, I have a spare v6/172 bonnet here in Canada.

I haven't decided if i'm going to keep it on the car or not yet. I'll keep you in mind if i decide to off-load it.

I was looking for a carbon bonnet for my sport ph1, but it was impossible to get it

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Had some lovely weather over here recently and had the car out on the road and also some car shows.

No massive updates, just some ph2 wheel. Need some slightly larger spacers on the rear to match the fronts but a work in progress.

48603879996_8e483f91e5_c.jpg

48604018497_d966332ab2_c.jpg