ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jenic's Inferno 182 - Yes, another one!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Originally saw this car a while ago in a thread about brake ducts and really liked it but had no idea who's it was.

When Daniel advertised it a couple of weeks ago I messaged him straight away, did a p/x deal with my cup and I picked it up Thursday just gone.

Only photo I have is from the advert since it's been pretty bad weather wise since I collected it:

2E1348DE-C897-4CF3-B242-4F856C39858F-892-00000093C6764CC9_zpsc78a6b15.jpg

It is probably the best clio I've owned (and it's my 6th lol). Inside and out the condition is excellent, and it drives so well. Seems powerful, handles well and everything works with no knocking and hardly any rattles, it's just great. Also love the exhaust note from the Ktec ultra performance, quiet but sporty.

It's about due a service so will do that next week, have ordered all the bits along with some silvervisions.

It has a few small issues:

Rev counter smd has a loose connection or fault as it flickers on and off, have ordered new ones but I'm not feeling great about disturbing the dash purely because it is currently so rattle free. I just know that as soon as I disturb it the rattles will come!

Steering wheel needs new cruise buttons, it looks like someone at one point has broken one, and trimmed them both so they match, they work and look ok but I want it perfect. Got new cruise buttons off ebay, I needed to buy this for the connector anyway as I plan to eventually modify a sabelt wheel for cruise.

Exhaust needs lowering slightly and tracking needs slight adjustment.

Plans for it are as follows, in this order:

Xenons - Not sure whether to get black or grey insert. Black insert are a lot more readily available and cheaper.

Sabelt wheel retrimmed in leather with cruise buttons

Recaro Trendlines

A set of ultaleggeras in graphite with polarised bolts

Maybe some cooksport springs - undecided if I want to mess with the suspension as it is so perfect at the moment.

Possibly another private numberplate, again undecided if it's worth paying for this

I plan to keep this one, I always say this but this time I mean it. I've got a good car here, and I think I could like it as much as I liked my RB.

So not much of a project, more a diary like my last 2 clios :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It won't.

Whenever I've had a good clio I've kept it, the RB was the longest I have ever owned a car at nearly 2 years and the trophy is in 2nd place at 10 months. I only sold the trophy as it was worth so much.

Fiesta ST-3
Lovely Mike. I considered this when I looked, would of snapped it up had it not been a Cup.

Look forward to seeing it progress.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
This caught my eye when Dan put it up, but couldn't be dealing with changing the cloth interior, but if you're planning to get Recaro's anyway then I guess it doesn't matter. Paintwork looks proper mint.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh, I always said I'd never get a 182 cup as they are the runt of the range. But with xenons and recaros the only feature I will miss is auto lights but that's no big deal.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I love you Mike. I think when I get rid of the zed I'll be like you and just buy tonnes of Clio's :D

Love the plans too, sounds perfect.

Haha, I don't think I'll ever not have a little Mk2 clio of some sort tbh. Love them, so much fun that a lot of other more expensive cars just cannot replicate even if they are technically superior.

On a downward spiral after the Trophy

Spec wise yes, but not colour wise. No more worrying about waking up to an ever more pink car for me lol

Looks nice! But I think those brake ducts need to be black! IMO

I read the thread where they were fitted before buying this, and there was a photoshop of them black, I'm still undecided which I prefer but I like them colour coded. That's not to say I wouldn't get them done black if the car ever needed paint up front, but it would be a tough decision.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC this is pretty immaculate isn't it?

Why did you swap the Cup for one though? 20kg's lighter than a normal 182 :eek:

You sort of answered your own question there, it's in superb condition and the cup wasn't.

Wait... inferno?

I thought you hated that colour!

Nope, don't think I've ever said that. Used to love eikoorb's when he had it and we used to go out taking pictures :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I thought there was something odd about those c/c buttons! I never had another to compare them with though.

Apologies about the rev counter though, I never noticed that. PM me your paypal and i'll wang you £20 to cover any issues. x

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I thought there was something odd about those c/c buttons! I never had another to compare them with though.

Apologies about the rev counter though, I never noticed that. PM me your paypal and i'll wang you £20 to cover any issues. x

I'm not fussed mate, the car is so good everywhere else I don't mind a couple of little cheap fix's. The rev counter only does it when the lights have been on a good while (a couple of hours) so you probably wouldn't have ever noticed, it probably just needs resoldering. I only spent £2 on the smds lol and like I put, I need the cruise loom for when I do the sabelt.

Thanks though!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks great, I love those built in ducts in the bumper.

Mod plans sound great aswell. Will look great on Ultraleeggggeerrraagggeeaaas. I love how Pier's looks on UGs. Good buy!

Lovely motor i missed this the first time it was advertised then again as i had already bought my BG! What does the future hold for it :) ?

I was considering having a look at this when I saw it. Sounds like a proper minter :) Really like the yozza brake ducts as well! Fancy swapping bumpers? ;)

I read the thread where they were fitted before buying this, and there was a photoshop of them black, I'm still undecided which I prefer but I like them colour coded. That's not to say I wouldn't get them done black if the car ever needed paint up front, but it would be a tough decision.

Could you post/pm me a link to that mate? Tried to find some info on them when I saw this car for sale but didn't find many photos.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, I love those built in ducts in the bumper.

Mod plans sound great aswell. Will look great on Ultraleeggggeerrraagggeeaaas. I love how Pier's looks on UGs. Good buy!

Cheers, got a link to Pier's?

Edit: Never mind, just realised which one he has, that's the car that's made me want them :eek:

I was considering having a look at this when I saw it. Sounds like a proper minter :) Really like the yozza brake ducts as well! Fancy swapping bumpers? ;)

Haha, no thanks :rasp:

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Good colour ;)

Looks ace mate! I need another :(

You do! I'm the last of the TOPO gang with a clio, everyone else grew up :(

Found out why my cruise buttons were cut up, inferno the previous owner hid them behind his aftermarket wheel.

Picture083.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Anyway, fitted new covers to the buttons and it looks a lot neater now :)

P1000082_zps41ddbf60.jpg

I also fitted silvervisions, no pics of the car yet as it's covered in dirt/salt from the roads :dapprove:

Looking good, never seen any with Built in brake ducts very nice none the less.
And UG's should look cracking on it! I probably skipped over it but you Getting 16" or 15"?
Put up a pic when you got the Polarised bolts on, I want to see what It looks like before I buy some for me :p haha

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good, never seen any with Built in brake ducts very nice none the less.
And UG's should look cracking on it! I probably skipped over it but you Getting 16" or 15"?
Put up a pic when you got the Polarised bolts on, I want to see what It looks like before I buy some for me :p haha

Cheers, I like the brake ducts. Although utterly pointless for my use it's something a little different and they are fitted so well.

Can't decide on 15" or 16", probably 16" as I think coilovers are required to pull off 15's really. As for the bolts, they are 100% worth it, had them on my Trophy and they finish it off nicely.

Cheers, I like the brake ducts. Although utterly pointless for my use it's something a little different and they are fitted so well.

Can't decide on 15" or 16", probably 16" as I think coilovers are required to pull off 15's really. As for the bolts, they are 100% worth it, had them on my Trophy and they finish it off nicely.

haha thats fair enough.
Mines on 16's and I aint got a picture up with the springs and everything on yet! Day off tomorrow so Prob will chuck something up if you want to compare what Size would be best.
im 50/50 with the bolts for now just need someone/something to kick me into getting them lol.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If you're not going for coilovers, I'd agree that it probably needs to be 16's. Having said that, you know you want coilovers really, so get 15's then force yourself to get coilovers :)

Great work on the CC buttons. Shame I'm not at CSS this year, as I'd like a closer inspection of the brake ducts / bumper set up.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Had to change a headlight bulb yesterday, I have spares in stock so popped one in and cut my hands to hell, they are so hard get clipped back in :mad:

Gave the car an oil service today, going to stick a new OEM air filter in too but it hasn't arrived yet.

Old oil was about 18 months/6k miles old and was quite dirty, but not technically due a change yet by Renaults timings. Still, I try and stick to 12 months/6k miles to keep the car mechanically sound.

Also fitted some new wiper blades as the old ones squealed like hell and straightened out the exhaust best I could on the drive. It's not far off now I don't think, it wasn't too bad before just the right side was touching the bumper and started melting the insert. It's now got a gap roughly equal at both side.

P1000083_zpse2a01ed3-1_zps997f4783.jpg

Finally some pictures in it's dirty filthy state.

P1000085_zpsf7cc6a1b.jpg

P1000084_zps55f0725e.jpg

Edit: Could probably do with a quick drive to settle that suspension back down :eek:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe I didn't spot this thread before. Brilliant colour and love those ducts:).

You might have to show me how to add the CC to the new wheel once you've done it (for a few beer tokens of course!!).