ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jenic's Zed Thread

Looks good Mike, thought I was out of touch after your posts in the S2K vs thread!

Not keen on it in silver, red or blue for me. Been considering one but decided against it as not 100% with the looks yet. Although the PS above does wonders for the front end!

Turbos.
Forgot about Gary G's car, that looked so cool!

Nice buy, but having seen Gary's car again it looks a little anaemic looking at yours!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking really good Mike. Looking forward to seeing it at CSS.

Needs vinyl'd! :eek:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looking really good Mike. Looking forward to seeing it at CSS.

Needs vinyl'd! :eek:

I'm waiting on a friend of a friend to do the vinyl'ing. Will text him tonight about it.

It looks unlikely I'll be at CSS, I was supposed to be getting a lift down, but he's decided not to go now so dont think I'll end up going on my lonesome.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Small update.

Got a carbon fibre front lip in the end, instead of vinyl. The guy who makes them works for RBR and the quality if superb. Got a free can of red bull too :)

Also change my number plate for a self adhesive type, I would of rather had the plate in the lower grill but couldn't due to the mounts for the old holder. I will eventually be getting the front end resprayed because there are quite a lot of stone chips (any zed owner will be able to tell you how bad they are!) so will get the holes filled and it sprayed over then.

It has really freshened up the front end today though, very happy compared to before :D

Before:

5915836710_0bc7e10b36_z.jpg

350Z by mjenic, on Flickr

5915277519_6858f82e84_z.jpg

350Z by mjenic, on Flickr

During:

5966239053_24f9c861fb_z.jpg

IMG_1523 by mjenic, on Flickr

After:

5966795990_52816bb750_z.jpg

IMG_1528 by mjenic, on Flickr

Also got a smaller aerial too, the old one was just too big :eek:

5966239303_4653e09dc2_z.jpg

IMG_1529 by mjenic, on Flickr

Will give it a wash and maybe even polish tomorrow, ready for CSS next week!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Great improvements! I actually didn't realise how shite the numberplate holder was until I see the self adhesive one.

182 Turbo Project
Why?

Legal height, legal spacing, legal sized plate, legal amount of reflectivity. The only thing its missing is the BS or EN number whatever it is.

:eek:

Isn't that illegal then? Not having the BSA number?

(I think that is what it is called!)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Does the RBR carbonfibre guy make any other parts?

What type of carbonfibre is it? :)

I asked him and he just replied, its a 2x2 twill he says. Apparently he's really busy at work, he's been trying to make more 350z moulds but hasn't had time so doesn't want to start anything else just yet.

182 Turbo Project
Technically it is, but only a very keen police officer or MOT tester will notice.

Mine were never noticed by the Police or at the MOT test centre!

I think I am going to remove mine for the peace of mind etc.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the pics Dan, good work!

Crying out for some wheels, stance and a front (& possibly rear) lip of some description.

I've been looking at Rota's but i like the Rays wheels, and its an option i was looking for when i got the car so doubt i'll change them.

Going to get some spacers on the wheels, can't drop it though since it scrapes if i drive onto my drive as it is, i can only reverse on. No lips here for the time being either, since they are so expensive for what they are, i'll wait for a cheap front lip, or possibly front bumper with lip on ebay and it'll get done when i get the front bumper resprayed.

I've been looking at Rota's but i like the Rays wheels, and its an option i was looking for when i got the car so doubt i'll change them.

Going to get some spacers on the wheels, can't drop it though since it scrapes if i drive onto my drive as it is, i can only reverse on. No lips here for the time being either, since they are so expensive for what they are, i'll wait for a cheap front lip, or possibly front bumper with lip on ebay and it'll get done when i get the front bumper resprayed.

Second hand legit wheels over Rotas, there are bound to be some knocking about on various forums either Z owners club related or drift forums. Do you know what other models share the correct offset/PCD/Centre bore?

Is the issue getting off the main road or the slope of the drive itself?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
its where the uphill of the pavement meets the downhill of the drive. The drive is getting modified in a couple of weeks anyway to accommodate my new works 4X4 so it might be better then.

It was the same with my clio too, could reverse on but not drive on, and that wasn't silly low.

Guess just have a reassessment of the situation once the drive has been modded. Fair few of the super low stanced crew make ramps from a few bits of wood glued together to level the transition out. Throw it down chuck the car on the road then lob the wood back in the garage.