ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jessops 0% offer, anybody else taking advantage?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
buy it on a credit card? You can get longer purchase 0% cards than 10 months. I'm on an M&S card that has 13 months 0% on purchases, this is what I used for my D7000.

172 Sport
buy it on a credit card? You can get longer purchase 0% cards than 10 months. I'm on an M&S card that has 13 months 0% on purchases, this is what I used for my D7000.

I'm too young and foolish to get a 0% credit card, I'm only 21 and when I was 18 I was a bit financially stupid. I struggled to get my 21% Barclaycard, despite having a mortgage and earning good money.

Besides, for £37 a month I think I'd rather buy it that way and keep the term short. I've got the money to buy it outright anyway, but everybody loves interest free. :p

From the reviews I have read it is better than the Canon, and my friends have Nikons so I can borrow their lenses.

Yep, I was going to get my 550d on it but they had just taken it off, so just went all out.

Debating another lens now though, Tokina 11-16!

Apparently its a much better lens due to higher IQ, so may be worth the extra!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, I was going to get my 550d on it but they had just taken it off, so just went all out.

Debating another lens now though, Tokina 11-16!

Apparently its a much better lens due to higher IQ, so may be worth the extra!
Ah gutted :(

I need to leave and forget about this thread lol.

www.flashcamera.co.uk - for all your lenses and some camera body needs.

I got a 24-105 Canon L F4 IS for £569 from the above, jessops wanted £949.... both was brand new items.

All true and well, but Kerso doesn't have either of the lenses, and my reasoning for getting one is the 0% offer :)

I checked on Camerapricebuster and tbh it's maybe £20 less at the cheapest place, so I'd write the £20 off as "interest" :D

Certainly seems like this Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 is the one to go for over the Sigma, going to hopefully go in today and try both if Jessops have them.

172 Sport
Hmmm look what I have...:p

IMG-20120623-WA0000.jpg

Go on spend it ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I need to stop looking in here. I genuinely don't think I can resist buying a lens. Save me from myself :(

LY Megane R26
I wanted a gopro on this deal but there £100 more than eBay and £50 more than amazon so I'm going to save and get one next month.

Which one, the 8-16?

Yes mate the bulbous front end sticks out too much. If it were me I would go for the 11-16, although that extra 3mm is actually significant at this focal length.

TBH the sigma 10-20 would be my choice. Or the Canon 10-22 (you are Canon?)

11mm (Tokina) on a Canon (1.6 crop factor) gives an approximate 35mm equivalent focal length of 18mm which yes is very wide but I wouldn't say 'ultra wide' like a 10mm on a normal aps-c crop factor of 1.5 which gives a 35mm equivalent of 15mm which is noticeably 'wider'.

Last edited:
Yep I'm Canon, hmm not sure now! I'm going into Jessops tomorrow and hopefully trying the Tokina, will have a look around at the other lenses but tbh I only hear good things about the Tokina and it seems highly recommended!

All Jessops within 20 miles had none of the ones I was looking at in stock, so I've just gone with delivery of the Tokina 11-16mm.

I can, under the DSR, return it within 7 days if it's not what I was after so that's always a bonus :)

Just got my Tokina through today, holy crap the quality of it is unreal!

Coming from a 50mm prime, and the kit 18-55mm and 55-250mm it's just a completely different level.

Hoping to get some nice snaps tonight :)

Seriously considered it (5D Mk2 + 24-105 f4) as could easily afford the payments but decided I never use finance for a reason (too paranoid about job security)...good job too as my work has just announced 99 redundancies.

Could have bit me on the arse (mortgage, bills, food etc will obviously be priority if the worse happens) so pleased I didn't do it.