ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jet washing ?

Clio 172 Phase 2
Alright dudes my engine bay is in clip from the oil leak I had. Is it ok to jet spray all round and inside the engine bay or will it pop the electrics ?

Clio 172 Phase 2
Okcool. Yea my wipers play up all the time put them on intermission and some time they go as they should then sometimes go full speed lol. They got a mind of there own lol

Okcool. Yea my wipers play up all the time put them on intermission and some time they go as they should then sometimes go full speed lol. They got a mind of there own lol

my non-sport did that for a while... remove the fuse from the passenger side panel of the dash and leave it out for a few hours, replace fuse and it will reset it back to working normally again

and best bet with the bay is to attack it with degreaser/WD-40 and alot of elbow grease as said above :)

Clio 172 Phase 2
my non-sport did that for a while... remove the fuse from the passenger side panel of the dash and leave it out for a few hours, replace fuse and it will reset it back to working normally again

and best bet with the bay is to attack it with degreaser/WD-40 and alot of elbow grease as said above :)

Ok cool il give that fuse ago

top man, it will sort it :)

Sorry to jump in here but is a steam cleaner safe to use near french electrics?

steam is water no? ;)

haha, if you absolutely had to I would recommend waterproofing all the electrics with bags and tape etc first....

but bear in mind: steam will get in places that water wouldn't and will condense back into water once it cools so may cause problems

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
steam is water no? ;)

haha, if you absolutely had to I would recommend waterproofing all the electrics with bags and tape etc first....

but bear in mind: steam will get in places that water wouldn't and will condense back into water once it cools so may cause problems

Lol yes I know but it's not going to soak everything like a pressure washer. I doubt it's something ill do just my mum got this little steam cleaner thing and I thought if I get the chance one day I may have a little crack.

As tony said though I generally just try not too look I certainly don't plan on showing it off anytime soon haha. I'd probably only use it on the inlet area to clean the grease and oil residue away any way.

Lol yes I know but it's not going to soak everything like a pressure washer. I doubt it's something ill do just my mum got this little steam cleaner thing and I thought if I get the chance one day I may have a little crack.

As tony said though I generally just try not too look I certainly don't plan on showing it off anytime soon haha. I'd probably only use it on the inlet area to clean the grease and oil residue away any way.

:p

and I know the feeling, 'luckily' my engine broke and I took a day in between removal and fitting the new one to do mine by hand with WD-40, but mine won't be on show either, if it is only that area you are after doing then cover the rest with a plastic sheet, clean with steam cleaner, then go over it with WD-40 afterwards to clear out any water that might have got in :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah doubt I'll bother tbh lol not worth the risk. I have lost all interest in all this cleaning lark these days anyway, only cleaned the bloody thing once since I got it in January :eek:.

I'm going to clean it next few days though as this weather is bit better now.

Yeah doubt I'll bother tbh lol not worth the risk. I have lost all interest in all this cleaning lark these days anyway, only cleaned the bloody thing once since I got it in January :eek:.

I'm going to clean it next few days though as this weather is bit better now.

that is bad! :nono:

haha sure you will get some love back for cleaning once you see how shiny it looks ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
When the engine blew 2yrs ago, I still didn't like getting the steam cleaner in there, didn't seem right.

Full chemical and full temp, :eek: