ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jjust had a test drive in V6 255

clio 172 MKII

WOW - what more can I say - I though my 172 was quick. Its so nice to have the power coming through the rear wheels. 50mph in second gear round a roundabout 3 times is out of this world, lift off and the back comes out - keep the foot down and it just sticks like glue!

me want one

clio 172 MKII

they sure do - get a bit warm in the cockpit too!

25k on the road as its a cancelled order.....tempting very tempting indeed.

clio 172 MKII

have you ordered one Paul?

have a word with West Renault - theyve got a blue one just waiting to be driven away....

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Lewy,

Theres no way Im paying 4K over the odds, even at 25K!:eek:

Im ordering in the 1st week of April!!

clio 172 MKII

oh right - I thought you meant a deal was in the pipeline.....

1150 gbp for the yellow - had a look in the book does look better that jordans puppies!!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by LEWY on 02 February 2004

WOW - what more can I say - I though my 172 was quick. Its so nice to have the power coming through the rear wheels. 50mph in second gear round a roundabout 3 times is out of this world, lift off and the back comes out - keep the foot down and it just sticks like glue!

me want one
You have experienced something special there my child, rejoice.:D

Rich,

what sounds nice is my new car ;) and in 4th gear at 20mph she pulls like a train :eek:

Unfortunately im still running her in so i cant see what shell do flat out yet (give it a few more months ;))

Tony

PS, how does a V6 255 pull in 4th at 20mph?

have a word with West Renault - theyve got a blue one just waiting to be driven away....

i went to have a look at that baby in Clapham, big bits of kit.

they sure do - get a bit warm in the cockpit too!

25k on the road as its a cancelled order.....tempting very tempting indeed.
dont do it!!!! motorprovider for a full uk car for 21k!!!!!, mines from there, good service, and straight off the lorry, no salesmen thrashing their arses off before you get it!!!!

Call me sceptical (sp), but I smell a bit of billy ball with this company!

I would like to here from anyone who has actually managed to place an order with either motorprovider or motorlogix, at £21313, and has written confirmation of tihs price with full uk spec. i.e. full cat 1 alarm immobiliser, 24 hour RAC trackstar, Etched windows, uk security registered and locking wheel nuts!

If they can provide all this, ill show my arse in Burtons window!! But I very much doubt they can.....

...I look forward to some replies.

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 03 February 2004

Take it you paid full book price then?
Nope!! I got a discount thankyou:D

And theres nothing to say i cant cancell my order and re-order else where if the price is even better!

Nope, but think I can get a pukka uk car for £25100 ish, so even if I cancel my order at the mo, ill be a few quid in!

Just waiting for a reply from motorlogix at the mo.

Get ready with those bic razors then lads!!

I know for sure that Motorlogix source their cars from Renualt Dealers in the UK, got it straight from the Sales Director from Motorlogix!

Cheers

Paul

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 03 February 2004

Paul, click here>

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=67658&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=67658&PagePosition=1

Get ready with those bic razors then lads!!

I know for sure that Motorlogix source their cars from Renualt Dealers in the UK, got it straight from the Sales Director from Motorlogix!

Cheers

Paul

So do I, I spoke to them today!

If you read my post it was motorprovider that i said didnt sell uk cars!!!!!!!

Hence the price THEY REKON they can sell at, I have yet to have this price confirmed mind you.

Paul if you are buying a V6 from motorprovider its an import NOT a uk car!

If your buying a car from Motorlogix, then yes its a UK car, but you wont be saving your claimed 6k!!

The two cars the Andy had in last month, were both sold at £21,300. The cars were ordered last year. I mentioned to Andy in one of my emails that DriveTheDeal had offered to match the price offered by Motorlogix. This got his back up slightly, he mentioned that he wasnt surpirsed as DTD were running scared as they know Motorlogix are the market leader. I plan to play the two of them off each other to get the best price, not bothered if it is £22Kish! DTD also source cars from UK dealers!

Motorprovider will be the last option. Again though, I aint to fussed as I could still buy that car fit it with an even better tracker system and still save a packet. I mean this when I say this, I dont see me selling this car in the next 10 years, so residuals isnt really an issue!!!

Let me know how you get on with Motorprovider though!

Cheers

Paul

Why would reno dealers put v6 through motorlogix for 21313 when they are selling them for 27000,reno uk would be losing money!!!!

The ammount of people buying through these sites isnt enought hurt sales of the V6. These companies are using their fleet buying muscle to get large discounts!

I wont be buying from motorprovider, ITS NOT A UK CAR!!

I might cancel my excesting order and buy from Motorlogix if he can sell the car for around £25100!

I cannot coment on drive the deal, but I can tell you this:

All new Renaults, immaterial of who has order them, can be tracked. I know for a fact, although im not prepared to reveal my source, that motorprovider have never ordered, to date, a brand new clio v6 mk2, be it either a uk car or not!

Quote: Originally posted by broadbean on 03 February 2004

Why would reno dealers put v6 through motorlogix for 21313 when they are selling them for 27000,reno uk would be losing money!!!!
Broadbean , this is the motorprovider price, not the motorlogix price!

Motorlogix are advertising a UK car for £23795 but I spoke to them today and they told me that this price was for the first three cars only!

He reckons that hell be able to supply cars now for around £25100

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

:eek: might have to pop in for a test drive :D

and if they refuse...i might just have to beg them to take me out in it instead :oops:

And if Paul thinks hes going to get a UK CAR, for £21313 I think he is deluded.

Still, if im wrong, my arse will be on display at a Burtons near you!;)

Again, if it aint a UK car it makes NO difference to me, I will still be able to fit a better alarm/tracker system for well under £22K. It would only concern me if I was planning on selling the car in a couple of years, but I aint!

Still, sharpen those bics just in case............;)

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 03 February 2004

Again, if it aint a UK car it makes NO difference to me, I will still be able to fit a better alarm/tracker system for well under £22K. It would only concern me if I was planning on selling the car in a couple of years, but I aint!

Still, sharpen those bics just in case............;)

Good luck mate, this lot didnt even want to speak to me today!

All they kept saying was "well ring you back in 15 minutes" and then never did!

Not a very proffesional outfit if you ask me, especially as I was looking at parting with 22k!

Obviously dont need my bussiness (or they cant sell at this price;)).